OT The pros and cons of country living with animals

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Aug 6, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Ahh, country life, peace tranquility, barely a neighbor to see.

Oh what a wonderful life it be.

Then one day your child ran wild getting her fill of chasing possums, squirells and chipmonks too.

When they finally come home to show you what they have done for you, so big and proud.

And proud I was to see my girl so happy and have so much fun. But as for me- my work was yet to be done.

I think the picture in my profile should speak for itself. Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 08/07/2006]
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

Yeah she is cute alright! I love that rug too. But I ruined it in the washer, so know the doggie own it, Carla
  3. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

Australian Shephard??? Happy looking dog...

I also live rural. Moved from really rural to semi-rural a few years back, but I love living in the country. Local critters include lots of squirrels (a variety), fox, deer, raccoons, possums, and a very large ground hog. Live on water, so there's lots of water birds. Earlier this year, had 2 bald eagles perched on a tree nearby...wonderful!!
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

your dog looks absolutely delighted with herself.

Our old dog used to love rolling in anything mucky and smelly, the smellier the better.

love
    Rosie
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

Yes, Fight every dog does deserve a rug, I have one for each dog.,lol

She is part Austrialian Shepherd. Her mother had 3 litters and only one Twila. She was the only blue eyed pup in the whole bunch.

She lives to run, I have clocked her at 25 miles, when she sees my car going down the road she runs with me. She likes chasing anything that moves lol. I live on a private road so she does doesn't chase other cars, she just likes to race me.
    Thanks for replying. Carla

6. ckball

ckball New Member

7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Your dog looks like she's full of joi de vivre.

I think people were really meant to live on farms and in villages.
  8. ckball

ckball New Member

Many,many moons ago. If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would be living in the country with 2 dogs, I would have laughed at them.

Never did I think I would have to retreive so many small animals, dead and alive, from my dogs. But I do. And still laughing, most days :) Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 08/07/2006]