ot things ppl say that make you laugh

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by smiffy79, Apr 11, 2006.

1. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i was signing to my dogs as they are deaf and this woman came up and asked me what i was doing so i explained i was signing sit and stay. ooooh said the woman do they sign back??

every time i think of the woman and how serious she was i have to laugh :) have you got any??
  2. bozey

bozey New Member

years ago, my husband was putting air in a tire out in the garage and my niece asked him what he was doing. He said, changing the stale air in the tire and she said "Oh" and walked away. We laughed so hard and then she realized that he was kidding. (She was 18 by the way)LOL

So now, we will make a sound of pssst and laugh and she knows exactly what we are talking about. (after 15 years, it is still funny)

smiffy, that is hilarious that the woman asked if they sign back. I wonder if it ever dawned on her later what she said?LOL

bozey
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

My son, who has autism, made me laugh as I was dressed up for once, makeup etc, and he said "Mom, you look like a Realtor."

He also has this phrase he uses when he says, "What do you think he is a disgruntled guidance counselor, huh?"

No idea where that came from but it makes me smile.

Spring is sprung here in chilly New York, have a good day!

Love Anne C
  4. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

these had me chuckling. i use bonza, wicked and cool :) i've never heard of cool beams :)

any more storys lurking??
  5. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i was once told " do you know your not that bad - quite fit"
    wow i was thinking keep it coming lol
    then he said "until you open your mouth"

i'm either a thick skinned old cow or a thick old cow as i find this hilarious ;)
  6. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

For most of my life I have had a cough that is dry and I sound like a kid with croup or is it a smokers cough I don't really know. But each time I would take a deep breath I would hack like there was no tomorrow. And he would look at me so seriouly and tell me that " May be you should change brands now, How about Menthyl's this time?,"

Then he would laugh and I didn't find it funny and I don't smoke. I think it was his way of telling me that I sounded like I had a bad smokers hack.

I still have the cough but not the doctor. And I still don't smoke but this cough can really hurt like heck. And when I cough people will look me in the eye and tell me that I sound " sick" Really ?

And I am a real Klutz and can trip over my shadow. My mom tells a story about me as a little girl. She heard me crying and asked me what was wrong and I said " I fell off the floor" so I say the dumbest things too.

I get told when I go places and I am limping becasue of the bad knees " So what did you do this time? NOthing!

It happens to me all the time, I will go some where and sit for a while and when I go to stand up I can't put weight on my legs, it is like they are numb all the way to my hips and won't move and I will try to take a step and can't and as someone trys to catch me they will ask me what happened this time? I give up what happened Fibro Happened to me that is what!
  7. sues1

sues1 New Member

A teenage boy, 16 yrs. of age told my son he had an aquarium he wanted to sell....my son said he would go over and look at it. Boy said, No I can bring it over. My son said....are you sure? It is probably heavy. Boy said...No problem.

Boy comes back empty handed...when asked about the aquarium......he said that he carried it.. half way to my son, but it was too heavy...so he took it back. That it was too heavy to carry it all the way.

We could not help but laugh...the boy got defensive and said....what is so funny? You go and see how heavy it is..what is so funny about it being too heavy?
    That was a long time ago and we still laugh about it to this day!
  8. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i liked the falling off the floor :)
    i was about 4 (and i still remember this) i was in the mirror making faces at myself and i started bawling, mum came in whats the matter? "my tongues got measles" :)
  9. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

When my son, Steven, was small we were in the car with our
    puppy, Rascal. Steven asked me where we were going and I told him we were taking Rascal to see the veterinarian.

Steven said 'Mama, what's a veterinarian?'

I said 'A veterinarian is an animal doctor."

He was quiet for a few moments then asked in a small, nervous voice:

"What kind of an animal is this veterinarian?

10. petsrme

petsrme Member

Okay Bozey, I just read your post and at first I fell for the stale air and then I got it! I thought that was a real answer until I read that she didn't get it. LOL! It takes me a while to get things. I am smart on paper, but lacking in common sense I guess. Thanks for the laugh. Thanks everyone for all the laughs.
  11. petsrme

petsrme Member

LOL! I always thought people were saying "Cool Beans". I still didn't know where they got that saying. I hear it all the time though. Neither one makes much sense, cool beans or cool beams.
  12. LizzyZee

LizzyZee New Member

Good story. It's a weird expression. My husband uses it. It's actually "cool beans," which makes as much sense as cool beams. Don't know where it comes from. He grew up in Africa.
  13. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

wE ONCE SOLD A STOKER STOVE to this couple and the man was coming back to get it. He said he had been fishing all day. On the way out he said, "Would you like some fish?" I said yes. I waited for some nice trout to arrive.

Imagine our surprise when he arrived later with an Aquarium full of little fishes! The last thing I needed!!!! Somehting else to take care of. We managed to palm it off on a friend who hated the thing too! Eventually it went to a school.(LOL)

Never presume I guess.....Love Anne C
  14. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

are great, keep em coming.

15. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

My daughter and I were watching a Keith Urban video and she said "I want a boyfriend with hair like that".

To which I replied, "At my age, I would just like a boyfriend with hair!"

We cracked up.

Sue