OT Those new lotions that gradually add color...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by twerp, May 19, 2006.

1. twerp

twerp New Member

Seems like most everyone has one out - Jergens, Olay, others. They claim to moisturize the skin as well as gradually add color.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried one and what their opinion is.

I'm very fair-skinned and most things like that make me look too dark or orangey.

Hugs,
    Twerp
  2. angelheart

angelheart New Member

Twerp, I tried the Jergens one, but only one application. I didn't continue it because I couldn't stand the odor. I had the same problem with other self-tanners, but I thought maybe mixed with the lotion it may be better, but it wasn't. I am very sensitive to smells, so I am going to give it to my sister. She doesn't seem to mind using those. I will post again if she uses it and has good color!

3. Txslady

Txslady New Member

I used the Jergens Natural Glow but it left me a little orange. I switched to the L'Oreal sublime glow and it is perfect. The lotions smell good for the first few hours after applying then the DHA smell starts to come out. I just apply a mild body spray and the smell is gone. They both left my legs very soft until I bathed the next night. I only use it 6 days a week. On Saturday I exfoliate and do not apply anything.

Forgot: If you want more info on these go to sunless.com and select community, that's where I found the info on what to use.

Shannon
    [This Message was Edited on 05/19/2006]
  4. twerp

twerp New Member

Yes, Angelheart, I had forgotten about the lovely smell most of these products have. Thanks for the tip!

Txslady, I think I'll try the L'Oreal brand. And I'll check out that website as well.

Thanks again & hugs to both,
    Twerp
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

It keeps me from looking dead.

I'm not trying to impress anyone else - well, OK, not much -but I like looking healthier regardless of whether or not it causes disbelief in my illness. When I look better, I really do feel a bit better.

I use Jergens but do get a bit yellow over time so I'll try L'Oreal.

Marta