OT To Canadian Folks on the Board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fairydust39, Jul 25, 2006.

1. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Hi all,
    We are going to Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia for vacation! Can anybody from Canada tell me what we should see,that's interesting ? I have never been to Nova Scotia before so I thought maybe the people that lives there or close by, could tell me what places to go see!
    Thank you, Shirley
  2. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

might be a good idea to specify the province you are going to as Canada is a big country. Hope you have an awesome vacation and get to see some good sites!!

Raz
  3. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

where we are going after we get to Nova Scotia and PEI. I'm trying to find what is the best places to go and then I'll plan our vacation around that!
    Thanks Raz
    [This Message was Edited on 07/25/2006]
  4. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Shirley, be sure and visit the Flowerpot Rocks in New Brunswick.
    They are amazing rock formations: along with the highest and lowest tides in the world.

You will need two days to experience watching the tide speed in and then walk the beach at low tide.

If you google Flowerpot Rocks you will see pictures and explainations.

All of the Canadian Maritimes are woth the trip just to see what you can find: lobster dinners, wild blueberries, quaint bed and breakfasts and beautiful scenery every where you look. Enjoy! Denamay
  5. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Someone else said to go to Newfoundland too. I will try to work it in. And will see Flower Pot Rocks. That sounds interesting too. We will not be staying in Hotels as we are taking our Coachman RV and will be looking for some RV Parks too. We can stop any place though b/c it's self contained. Has to be dumped every other night though,so we'll stay in parks that often. Not sure how long we will be staying,maybe 2 weeks. I have never been that far north
    so I'm excited. Any body think of anything else,I'd like to hear it!!
    Hugs Shirley
  6. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Yes we are retired and hope to do some traveling. Gas is high but we can save by not using a RV park everynight.We figure that by doing that, that it's still cheaper than Hotels.We can also eat most meals in the RV. That saves too.
    We are still going to eat at some of the local Restaurants!
    We have worked sooo hard for 25 years and hope to take it a little slower.I raised 3 children too.
    Hugs Shirley
  7. jake123

jake123 New Member

There is actually another place where the tide goes out about 6 miles, it is Puerto Penasco, Mexico on the Sea of Cortez (Bay of California) way up in the armpit almost to Arizona.

It is an amazing place with all kinds of sea life. Although it may be different than it was 20 years ago when I was there for some marine biology classes.

And of course, Woods Hole up near where you are talking about gets an expansive tide also.
  8. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

for writing. I have been to California but not to Mexico.

Yes it really is a dream come true for us. We had a small trailer and truck and traded them in for this RV and paid the difference.

Anyone who wants an RV,this is a good time to buy b/c of gas prices. We got ours a lot cheaper than it would have been, if we had bought earlier(Before gas went up).We paid very little difference,to trade up. It's not a new one but a 2003, that looks like a new one. Only 15,000 miles on it.
    We always wanted one but they were so expensive,until now. People are scrambling to get rid of them.
    Thank you denamay and honora
    Hugs Shirley