OT:To Hangininthere and All

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by windblade, Aug 4, 2006.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi,
    Weird experience. I just saw a post to Georgia from Hangin, and tried entering it 3 times - didn't work, then it disappeared. Dissapointing.

How are you all doing?
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi!!!

So good to connect again.

The heat here just broke today to a little under 90 - but really humid. It was in the 100's for quite a few days - very oppressive.

How does the charity help the teenage girls?

Love, Judy

3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Lifting up prayers for you. Let us know what happens.

Sending lots of love and praying for you to rest in God's care through this ordeal.
  4. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hello to Fight, Jodie, Ouch and Others.

Sorry I haven't been here in awhile. Have been having enormous struggles to deal with. It has taken all my energy.

Hope you all are doing okay!
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi hon,

The help for the girls sounds good! I could really have used counseling at that age. I read an excellent book by Mary Pipher called 'Reviving Ophelia' about all the difficulties girls are going through at this time. She is a brilliant therapist.

This morning I had a major dissapointment with my best friend. When she asked how I was doing, I made the mistake of really sharing in detail the darkness of mind I've been going through.

She really loves me, so tried to help - a 'quick fix'; but I ended up feeling really hurt by it. The truth is with extreme PTSD, sadly, my experiences are too far from the norm to be shared with anyone.

My husband listens a lot, but there's nothing he can really do. I'm pretty much on my own, in a very seperate experience of life.

What's happening with you? Who in your life has let you down?

Love, J.
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

So glad to have your prayers. Have started praying too for your current situations.

I really admire your independence and accomplishments. In your work, having a house, caring for your fur-family. Doing the fibre- art that you love. Working for the charities that give so much to people.

But are you sure it's good to be a complete stoic? Because you have so many struggles to deal with.

Probably posting at the same time. Will wait for your other reply.

((HUGS))
  7. windblade

windblade Active Member

Thank you for the wonderful compliment! By the way, please don't feel like you have to go into any therapy modes with me. I'm not expecting anything like that.

But, it's good to talk with you, (for one reason), because when I mention PTSD, you know the basic terrain I'm speaking about.

The same thing with our DD's - most people, because fibro and cfs haven't been explained or verified, can't get a grasp on it. Some people can - like my husband so clearly knows the difference between the way I was pre-CFS, and now.

In fact, today he's in New York at the Museum of Modern Art, and then out to dinner. All the stuff we used to do together.

I just made myself some delish French Toast with cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and strawberries on top. Then for dinner, I'm going to try to make rice pasta in my rice-maker for the first time.

I'm going for little treats, and enjoying having the space to myself for today.

How did things ever work out with Mark?

J.
  8. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi,
    Going to take a break. Motorcyce Alert next Door. From 1 to 4 machines starting up. Shattering noise.

Send ALL the pengy's with their STRONGEST guano guns!!!

I'll be back when in quiets down.

(hugs)
    Judy
  9. windblade

windblade Active Member

E., Glad you're home safe and sound! Getting snobbed out of the yarn store by a stuck-up green and purpled hair clerk makes for an interesting sentence.

How was she snobby? You're such a pro with everything yarnish.

Thank God - no accident!!! We almost had one when a woman cut through 2 lanes to make a turn as we were driving through a green light. Our adreneline was going for hours.

FIGHT - hey girl - so good to connect with you again. You're going to be gorgeous in those red dresses! That is awesome to get them at those prices.

I used to go rummaging too, years ago, and would be thrilled coming home with sweaters, wool coats, vases. I felt like a pirate with treasure. It was so much fun.

Congratulations on your finds!
  10. windblade

windblade Active Member

Thanks for sending all the attack-pengy's out. There were 74 - and they looked fierce with their masks, and webbed commando boots! They surrounded the place, and the best thing was that their guano guns were QUIET, so I fell asleep while they were strutting their stuff.

Speaking of strutting - the one with the huge colored peacock feathers didn't look too scary - not great camouflage either. But I appreciated the effort.

All quiet in the neighborhood!

I hope Hangin's allright!!! Just GOING to ER is such a grueling ordeal. I'm worried about what might be wrong. Eager to hear from her when she gets home!

E., What are you working on now, spinning or knitting your scarves?

Fight, Going to catch up on your other thread.
  11. windblade

windblade Active Member

So glad you're home safe and sound!!! I'm happy to think of you resting and munching away on your delicious salad.
    All the ingredients sound so interesting. Yum!

Rest up, dear friend, and get some energy back. Thank God there was nothing wrong!
  12. windblade

windblade Active Member

That's so sad about your ex-boyfriend! What is the main thing that is wrong with his heart? He's so young to be going through that.

My close, close friend, Eddie is in the last stage of emphysema. He can't sit anymore, has to do everything leaning over because of the pain. We've been friends now for 35 years! He has been as close as a brother to me.

Special ((hugs))
  13. windblade

windblade Active Member

I know your yarn stores are your refuges and treats! What a bummer that this one changed hands.

Can you just ignore the snooty clerk, and say you're just browsing?

Just thinking over what we said about friends before. I have to add that although so much of my life is incommunicable, (whewww, what a word) my friends are treasures to me in so many other ways.

Eddie, my sick friend, is the one who has walked through PTSD - land for all these years with me. He has bolstered me, and been my fellow- warrior. He's a Vietnam Vet who also had a hellish childhood.

I'm so proud of him for what he did with his life, and the man he became.
  14. windblade

windblade Active Member

So sorry that you lost your friend to cancer! I know that my friend will be a major part of my life forever. I don't want to forget ANYTHING we've been through together.
  15. windblade

windblade Active Member

I wish there was something I could do to cheer you up. I hate it when people say that to me :), but also wish they COULD do something to cheer me up.

Sending loving thoughts and prayers your way.
  16. windblade

windblade Active Member

No wonder you're feeling so terrible! Did your neighbor help out at all when you were sick with the virus? And now a flare!

No wonder - you've been all cut off, and having to deal with being sick on your own. That must be so hard.

How are you feeling now?

Are you still taking the neurontin?

1:00 here - going to sleep.

I hope you rest well tonight! And over the weekend too, so you can get better. Don't push yourself too hard, dear friend.

Love, Judy
  17. windblade

windblade Active Member

Good Morning.:)

How are you feeling today?

Is your flare an increase in fibro. pain, or that exhausted flu-like feeling?

I just finished a really good book on the life of St. Francis of Assisi, and how he renewed the entire church in the 1200's. It was fascinating.

The weather here is more normal summer- like, but humid, and hot for me. I have trouble breathing - some kind of hereditary asthma thing.

So I do a lot of reading in the summer. I have an enormous cache from the library.

Hope you can rest today, and ease up your flare.

Lots of love,
    Judy
  18. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi,

I love the colors on those sherbert hats. Delectable looking and cheerful. I'm going back to take a second look just to enjoy the colors.

Did you feel okay missing your reunion, or dissapointed?

Remember not to overdo this weekend. Cluck, cluck.

I can breathe okay with the AC on, as soon as the temp. gets too high in the house, I get panicky because I can't breathe. But I'm fine when I cool off. Thanks for asking.

I'm so glad that you're starting to feel better!

Did you get all of your chores done?

Love,
    J.
  19. windblade

windblade Active Member

How do you handle it when you have outside chores to do?

Didn't you mention a similar breathing problem at one time?

(Hug for you)

p.s. It feels so good to be back here after 5 horrible, hellish weeks.
  20. windblade

windblade Active Member

Going to read a bit, and try and get an early night. EXHAUSTED. Just did household stuff today. Boring! But I'm glad I had some good energy to catch up on some things.

HANGIN, HI! Missing you. Hoping your hanging out comfortably on your air- mattress.:) Rest up well.
    Today I had pasta for the first time in years. I got the idea for the brand name from a post here. It's Tinkyada rice pasta. Good texture - doesn't turn into wallpaper paste like the others I tried. And the company only makes non-gluten products, so there is no cross- contamination.

Just in case your store ever has it.

How is your son feeling? Kidneys? And new diet?

Let us know as soon as you have energy.
    What have you been cooking lately?

Love to all,
    Good-night.