OT: To Hangininthere

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by windblade, Sep 3, 2006.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi dear friend,

Missing you - your stories and everyday vignettes. Your humor and lovely individuality.

Sending prayers that your son will change his mind about his need to see the Dr.

Sending love to your household!

Keep well.
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I am praying for you Judy, and for your son. I wish there was a cure for every problem, but there isn't. I hate to see yours compounded so many times over.

My SIL was very addicted to Nicotine. He gave up the cigs in exchange for chewing tobacco. He was even more addicted to that. He celebrated in April 5 years without any tobacco. You likely are asking how did he do it? He simply could not justify taking the money from the family budget , he is the bread winner.

Please post often so we know how your life is going. In the meantime know you have people praying for you and your family.
  3. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Hang in there luv!!

How are you doing today??

I came across a book acouple days ago that was suppose to help you quit smoking, i wish i could remember where!!

Hope the enzeyme help your son.

Will be praying, keep leaning on the everlasting arm of God.

Read some of these scriptures daily, out loud if you want so your own ears can hear them.

Ps.19:14
    May the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redemer.

Ps. 34:13
    Keep my tongue from evil and my lips from speaking deceit.

Ps. 141:3
    Help me, Lord, to keep my mouth shut and my lips sealed.

Pv. 16:23
    I think before i speak because the mind of the wise instructs the mouth.

Pv. 18:21
    The power of life and death are in the tongue, and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it, (for death, or for life.)

Blessing to you Patti,

Misty
  4. morningsonshine

I know your a Joyce Meyers fan.

Speaking the scripture out loud comes from one of her teaching, which is bibical.

"The secret power of speaking God's Word"
  5. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Sorry about the mix up. You can tell my age and mental status. Prayers for you. I will leave the hymnal open to Leaning.... it shall be done in your name.

I am sorry your life has the added complications of tobacco. We all have our "issues". I would laugh if anyone on these boards has a claim to being perfect in every way.

I love salty junk.... freetos, chips, you name it. guess my time for that is up. I have been puffy for over a month retaining fluid. We had a day where the heat index was 107 and I had to go to a jeweler and have my rings cut off. shhhh I also admit to having gained yet more weight! Anyway the salty party is over. My daughter just took my blood pressure and I have an MD appointment for tomorrow for probably another pill to add to my tote bag.

By leaving the hymnal open to that hymn, you can be sure it will be played many times. That will be my way of offering personal support that you can kick your habit. I wish I had a magic wand and could solve all the problems of our dear friends here.

Prayers and blessings dear.
  6. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I know in your shoes I would simply continue to smoke. Willpower is not my strong suit. You are talking to the queen of not "forgiving". It is my biggest fault and I know it, like you do.

I live within a situation where I keep telling myself that there is a difference in forgive and regret. I have pondered those two words. I can't forgive that which continues to go on. But, I regret these things within my life.

Sweetie, maybe you are trying to deal with too many things all at once. Just a thought, but maybe narrow down to just one problem that you stand a chance at correcting, and leave the others for later.

Sometimes I think we look to each other for wisdom or something magical that can change things. We know reality says, we all are floundering in the same pond.

By playing the hymn for you, it released a flood of tears for me. I just flipped through playing various hymns, and the tears just flowed.

Wish I could help, but in reality I can't even help myself. I do pray. Even in my crazy way. Each day I spend half an hour in the hot tub in the solitude of my garage. Nothing to look at but blue tarps, so I close my eyes. Nothing to hear but the water. It is my own private cathedral, where I pray. Am I crazy? Probably. But I am sincere.
  7. morningsonshine

But don't give up hope!

Maybe emotionally, and pysically, it is too much for your body at this time.

Even tho your heads screaming at you to quit.

Have you tried just cutting down until your more upto quiting?
    I know sometimes my chocolate habit get out of hand, and i no longer can control my own ration.

I give my bag to my hubby, and tell him to only give me one if i ask. LOL
    I know it doesn't quite compare to nicotine tho!

My Dad quit when we were kids, we use to roll them for him,
    He tells everyone he quit COLD Turkey! Made up his mind and just did it!
    Ha, what he doesn't add is that he went to chewing redman(tobacco) right after!!LOL

And keep working on that forgiveness thing, God will work through it with you.
    Remember, it's about leaning on Him, and waiting for him to work the miricle.
    And Asa's right, i enjoyed her reply to you, None of us are perfect, there are certain issues, i keep going around and around with!
    I think, man, the Lord must be sick of this by now, I sure am, but i still don't get it right!

I have an oldest child, who i love dearly, but, boy, that kid manages to push my every button!!
    Drives me crazy, and i don't like the person that comes out sometimes!
    Just shows me how much I still need worked on, and forgiven!
    Even tho it's hard on the self-esteem, i think it's actually a blessing that we can see these things in ourselves, and not think we are just fine and don't need Jesus.

Keep us posted, and take a deep breath!

Love, and prayers,
    misty
  8. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi Sweetie,

In my opinion, I think you should concentrate on your special cooking for now. It is of utmost importance to try everything until you know your son is absorbing the nutrients that he needs!

Let's all keep praying that he will agree to see a gastro-Doc. With that major worry on your mind, and using all your energy to make foods from scratch, you are doing a FANTASTIC job!!!

It is so demanding to cook gluten-free. And soy, and vinegar-free. You had to study ingredients of EVERY food item that we take for granted, find new recipes, make almost everything from scratch.

AND, you DID A GREAT JOB, making so many delicious meals of a wide variety to help your son.

Until he is better, and you know exactly what his condition is;I wouldn't try to quit smoking right now!!!

You are dealing with his major health issue. Thank God you learned all you did, and Thank God that you have had the energy to make the foods he needs and likes. ENORMOUS ACCOMPLISHMENT.

I don't see this as a failure. You have bipolar - I have PTSD. People have to live with these roller-coaster emotions, and psychological states to know how extremely difficult and dangerous it is to make big changes.

Even people without these extra tricky psycholical states go through a process where all the emotions they were stuffing down with cigarets come pouring out.

I've seen it happen with so many people. And many people start therapy to deal with it all.

It makes sense to me that you don't stop now.

You, and we can pray about the unresolved hurt and anger that you have from the past. God will work in this for your good! He knows how deeply you love him. You are such an inspiration to me, how you daily look to Him to be involved in your life.

I copy your attitude of thankfulness, but also I give to God my anger and hurts, because they are safest in his wise, loving knowledge of us.

Now, God has more of you to love and help.

At stressful times, I have resentments and deep hurts against my husband rise up when I think they were all resolved, forgiven, etc.

Sister Mary said to me last time this happened that she believed that God was deeply healing all the poisons that were in me.

HE is our healer, and all your precious friends here in our prayer group are healers for you.

You are doing a GREAT job in your life!!! I can see it so clearly.

Just rest in where you are right now, and be glad you have the energy to help your son.

Because you can't take any meds. at all, I'm AMAZED at how you handle things! I take 3 daily, and might need a 4th.

At some other time, God might provide you with extra support, but for now I agree with you that the cigs. are a kind of medicine. It makes perfect sense to me.

'Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day'. You are doing all you can, very well to deal with just what you should be doing.

I love you much, dear friend. You are a great gift to me. And to many others, with your loving, understanding, and honest heart. You help us all to be open, and sharing, and closer to each other.

I'll keep praying for your household, each one!
    Love, suite Judy Windblade :)
  9. morningsonshine

Your funny Hangin! I didn't mean for you to go out and try tobaccy!!!

Although you maybe right about it being a natural nicotine your body could handle, vs. a patch!

But that stuff isn't for everyone! I've never chewed, snuffed, or dipped, snuff or snoose, as we always called it. Copenhagen

But i did chew redman as a kid for awhile. It's not fine like snoose, it comes in a pouch and is cured leafs of tobacco, you stick it in the side of your cheek.

But, Don't you DARE swallow it!!! It will turn you green, and make you sicker than a dog!! You'll think your dyeing and puck your insides out!!
    (voice of experience here, been there, done that!!)

Only hard-cores swallow!!LOL
    It has kind of a rich sweet pungent smell, that I found appealing, like those who like the smell of cigars.

I can just see you sitting there "dipping snuff" with your family wondering what in the world your doing!!:)

I think you deserve a pat on the back for trying so hard to get down to a pack aday. Just work on getting consistant (yes i hate that word too!) with that until it's easier.

Baby steps!

I also think cooking for your son is a huge accomplishment!! That is no easy work, i find it hard sometimes to just do a normal dinner for my family.

My boys have learned to feed themselves at times when mom don't feel good.

More Mommy guilt!

Yesterday, a put a roast in the oven with potatoes, and carrots and onions form the garden! YEAH ME!

My kids are soo grateful, and i think, gee, this should just be normal for them!!

Yes, hangin, i too will have a certain sorrow about the way i've treated my oldest at times, and wonder what lifetime scares i'm giving him.

I have very little patients for noise and fighting, and i have three boys! LOl

and my oldest, seems to delight in stirring up the house and picking on his brothers, He's a oversensitive, hyper-child, and seem to need to create commotion, and chaos at times to deal with his own emotions.

Then we have family meltdown!! Of course i alway expect more out of the oldest, and many times he is very responsible and caring.

He's just the one that's the most like me, therefore we clash!

And these DD don't help!! Sometime i'm barely hanging onto my own sanity, and just can't handle appropriately these meltdowns.

We too, have talked about these things at later times, and mainly i want him to know that i love him always, even when i'm hard on him, forever!!

How both of us are wrong, and need to ask the Lord's
    forgiveness.

This is my area i keep praying about, to learn to stop before emotions take over, and pray for His Wisdom, before i lash out in anger at my children.

I came from a family with alot of yelling and screaming, and very little encouragement. I want to stop this cycle.

I don't think strong discipline is bad if handled with out the rage, and there is also alot of love, and encouragement to balance it.

Anyways, listen to your son, he's a good boy, and knows you love him. Underdiscipline, brings on alot of problems also, kids do need boundarys, and told NO.

P.S.
    I think it's about time to hand my chocolate over to my hubby once again, been out of hand since i made that chocolate cake!

I love the song Amazing Grace, thanks for posting it.

You have been very honest and vulnerable with sharing with us. Your right, we all struggles some where.

God's blessings on you and your family,

Misty
  10. morningsonshine

Okay Hangin,

I just did a search on organic cigerettes! LOL

Very interesting and highly entertaining! Especially a site by the " Angry Fat Man, coments on organic cigarettes.

Well, we all know a cig. is a cig. and none of them are going to be all that healthy.

What i'm wondering is for someone who can't quit, but is allergic to them, now who would that be???

If Natural tabacco with out the man made garbage would be less addicting, and no allergys??

My biggest concern would be that it's stated they may have more nicotine, and tar in them,

But, burn longer and need less of them.

Well cigarettes are cigs, you will have to come to your own conclusion on that info.

Was very interesting to read about tho.

Not sure if this tidbit is helpful or harmful to you??

Sending prayers, may the Lord heal you from the inside out, He looks to the inner man.

Have you ever read Joyce Meyers, beauty for ashes??

When our emotions and inner soul is healed, i think so many other things fall into place for us. (still working this one out myself, but have made a few steps forward)

Lay the foundation, on the word and love of Christ.

Misty
    [This Message was Edited on 09/07/2006]
  11. windblade

windblade Active Member

I've been chuckling away for the past ten minutes about the snuff. LOL

But I remember when you posted all the extra additives that were put in cigarettes purposely to cause addiction. More addictive than the tobacco.

Misty, I hand over my cookies to my husband. LOL Because I have no control with desserts. The non-gluten cookie boxes are SMALL, but I would still eat the box at one go. I only eat dessert once a month, but will overeat cereals - so I just stopped them. Going through withdrawal. :) I am such a sugar-carbo addict!

Asa, your watery prayer chamber sounds heavenly! Water is so soothing and calming.

I would always get ideas for my poems in the shower, and have a notebook handy that I totally deluged with water trying to capture a line or phrase.

I always wanted to get one of those diving pens and pads that you use under the ocean to write on - to use in the shower. LOLOLOL

I'm getting goofy now from all this giggling.

Catch you all later.
  12. windblade

windblade Active Member

I am laughing SO HARD now that I can't stop!! Or maybe I should use snuff in the shower.LOLOL

Or gobble down my contraband cookies in there. Ohhhhh, funny!
  13. morningsonshine

Don't pee your pants, laughing so hard!!

Then you'll both need a shower! I could live in the shower i enjoy them sooo much, wonder if they make a water proof computor?

Windblade, please don't eat the box along with the cookies!

I quote, "The non-gluten cookie boxes are SMALL, but I would still eat the box at one go."

LOL!!
    Ones dipping snuff, and the others eating boxes!!!

Must be a symptom of these DD!
  14. morningsonshine

Windblade started it!!

And now she's sticking her tongue out at me!

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOm!!!!
  15. windblade

windblade Active Member

The cookie boxes are COMPLETELY gluten-free and non-addictive. I do eat them in the shower, but didn't want to admit it.

The cookies melt in the shower so that I don't get any sugar high or calories, the box stays firm. and I knew I had made that mistake and had a sneaky feeling that Ms. Misty would catch it, and bust me on it!!!

LOLOLOL - you guys have had me laughing all day. It's a wonderful high.

Hangin, have you seen the new non-gluten snuff-chip cookies? Highly reccomended.