OT to jlh

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Sep 2, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

HI Janet, I hope your feeling better, but since I haven't seen much of you on the board and this dreadful weather we are having, I don't think you are.

I'm on the downsided myself. Just over did it last week. Then when I tried to take a day off, Twila cut her paw pad and had to go to the vet.

She is going to be ok, I took her to work with me yesterday.

I wanted to ask you about your scalp psorosis. Mine is still going on. I am at the end of the steroid solution and stil have a few "hills" on my head.

That is the only thing I can call them. They are like hard bumps that you can pick off in the morning and they regrow during the day.

I have a larger area on top of my head that builds up too.
    Have you found anything to keep yours under control? And how does yours manifest itself?

I am really tired, I didn't get home from work, nurseing home, Walmart meds, foods, etc, until 8:30. I couldn't go to sleep until 1 am.

They had the Dog Whisperer back to back and I thought it was 12, then realized it was 1. I slept until 1:30 today, that is very unsual for me.

Is your daughter taking you to your Dr appt on the 5th. I hope he gives you the answers you want.

I hope this weather lets up and gives you some relief on your knees. The dampness doesn't help me either.

I will check from time to time, I need to get so much done tomorrow. Take care-Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 09/03/2006]
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Her initals are jlh... Thought you may want to edit your title...

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

It was just a late night typo, thanks-Carla
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

5. JLH

JLH New Member

I've been on the computer for quite a while now and I'm about to die ... going to have to take a break for a little bit. I was ready to shut it down ... in order to go watch one of my favorite shows when I saw your post!

I haven't been on much for a few days because of my pain level. My knee is really hurting me and my back is too, combine them both and I can barely walk!!

Hate to hear that Twila had to go to the vet. Is she a cat or dog? I probably know, but just can't think now!! Hope she is mending well.

My scalp psorosis just drives me crazy!!! I hate that stuff more than anything! I have been putting my steroid solution on it faithfully for the last 3 weeks -- 3 weeks is the limit for this one particular solution that I have -- and it is just a tad better. However, I forgot it last night and it is already growing back ferce all over the top of my scalp. Ugh!!!

I have an appointment with my dermatologist (Dr. Jolinda Dillow in Ashland) at the end of this month or early next month. I am sick of fooling with it. I am going to ask her to take a biopsy of it to make sure it is psorosis. I wish it were something else so maybe a different treatment would clear it up once and for all!

She told me last year that I would probably have to fight it for the rest of my life. I'll go crazy!!! I am already losing a lot of my hair on top due to it.

Unfortunately, my daughter got called into sub at school all next week (actually this coming week--Tues thru Fri), so she won't be able to take me to the doc on the 5th. However, it is at KDMC, so I can pull up to the valet and they will go inside and get me a wheelchair and push me to the doc's office while another valet goes and parks my car. I think I can manage the drive there if they take me in a wheelchair. I know I would not be able to walk from the valet's spot into the doc's office! That's how bad my back and knees are!

I hope I hear what I want to hear. The only bad news is that Medicare will pay 80% of this surgery, but my secondary refuses to pay--they do not cover the surgery. So, at the educational seminar, they said the balance due after Medicare pays is $8,000. And ... my secondary insurance won't pay their 20% of the hospitalization because it is due to surgery they don't cover, so for 3 days of hospitalization and probably tons of other unnecessary stuff, I figure I will need $10,000 to cover this surgery. OK now, who has an extra $10,000???????????

If I could get the results that I am hoping for, I will take out a loan, I guess. I really don't have any other choice! I need a new car, but I guess this will be my car payment money!!! LOL

Well, I've got to go rest and watch my 9:00 pm program. It's 8:49 now, so I have time for a quick bathroom break before it starts!!

Take care, and talk to you soon!!

Hugs,
    Janet

6. ckball

ckball New Member

Sorry your knees are still bothering you. Yeah, I would like to know about this scalp thing, I just don't want another Dr.

Do yu remeber when yours started or what triggered. My started at the end of my 3 week abx. Then it got worse.

I went back to using Dermarest OTC, it is a gel that softens the tissue and you comb your hair with a fine tooth comb.

I have lot a lot of hair to. In little patches.

I can't believe I still up, I slept until noon today, but did take my adderall and managed to vacum, dust and get my laundry put way, I washed it Wed,lol.

Then I sanded on my floors some more. They did not stain evenly so I have to do a little touch up and blending.

I got the walls painted last week, it's like a mossy green.

Well I better get to bed, the girls area already there. Twila is my blue eye girl with a black mask. This isn't the first time, she has cut her self 3 time.

People throw trash up the road in the ditch, bear bottles, can ect. Can't catch them, just makes me so mad. If I got there plate # I'd gather it up and haul it over the their hous.

Did you see my theard about being called back to re-shoot the board room scene for Marshall on Fri. Check it our if you missed it. If you need any help getting the to the hosp on Tue call me. I'm in the book under cball. Talk to you later-Carla