OT/To KHolmes, et all. Pic of Hagia Sophia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by spacee, Jul 13, 2006.

1. spacee

spacee Member

This is a beautiful mosaic that has been restored as much as possible. Thank goodness the faces show. Left to right, the faces are Mary, Jesus and John the Baptist.

You like Christian apologetics, right or wrong. Can't remember your bio! Have you heard of Josh McDowel? We named our first son after him. "Evidence Demands a Verdict".

Linda
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Beautiful picture of the Haggia Sophia mosaic! What a great experience for your son to travel there.

I am very interested in Christian apologetics, and read EVIDENCE DEMANDS A VERDICT years ago. That's neat that you named your first son after Josh McDowell.

Kholmes
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

documentary. The Santa Sophia mosk is still standing after 15 centuries while earthquakes knock down the surrounding modern buildings.
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Guess the Turks knew how to build them to last!

I found a picture of the Haggia Sophia and put it on my profile.

Ken
  5. spacee

spacee Member

about building to survive earthquakes back then. Well, that will be for the engineers to figure.

Beautiful pic of the outside of the H.

Yes, we read the Evidence book years ago, cause the son is now 30 years old. He is presenting a paper at Oxford University tomorrow (his first time) "Finding a Vision of Nature Adequate to Human Nature". Hmmm.

Linda
  6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Sounds like you have some magnificent memories from your trip. I like your account of the two mosques "talking to each other."

Kholmes
  7. spacee

spacee Member

Do you have any idea what they might have been saying? I am sure it was in Arabic or what they speak so maybe the owner of the hotel knew?? The Haggai Sophia was turned into a museum in 1934. V. curious as to what it would be saying to the mosque. Could it have been a "call to prayer".

That is v. cool that you have traveled there. My son was able to go to Ephesus too. I knew this was a trip that he could not miss!

Linda