OT: To Michiganians

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Marta608, May 19, 2006.

1. Marta608

Marta608 Member

What is that big yellow thing up in the sky?!?!?!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, the sun. :>)

Marta
  2. matthewson

matthewson New Member

Good one! You are right! Haven't seen it in over a week now! Hopefully we will start getting some warmer weather pretty soon too. All this rain is doing the flowers good, but not my poor muscles, they have been ahurtin'!

Take care, Sally
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

last summer my son and i flew back there..i got off the plan in grand rapids and about died of from the humdity and heat...

then those mosquitos...yikes..

wellnow i ma here in san francisco area and it is ok..raining to day a little...and cool for me..

jodie
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

may be things have changed...are you a upper or a troll from down under...

jodie
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Jodie, I'm sorry you don't like Michigan; I love it. Love the change of seasons and watching nature at work. I have a son in California, near Pasadena, who likes it there too but, WOW, is it ever an expensive place to live!

Some people call us Michiganders but that makes us sound like geese so many of us prefer Michiganians. ;>)

Oh, and I live northeast of Ann Arbor so I'm just below the middle of the mitten and slightly towards the thumb.

Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 05/20/2006]
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

yes i know it is so darn expensive to live out here...i have two more years...and who knows maybe i will be moving back there, expecially if i do not get my section 8 voucher or win the lotto...cause my ssdi does not go up because i live here...

i am just trying to make ends meet unitl my son finsihes highs school....i told him i will do my best to help him out w/college....

here in california he has 4 yrs tuition paid at any state college..including standford and berkley and may others..

becaus he is a dependant of a disabled veternan...he may not get child support(we) years or months at a time...but atleast he can look forward to that...

las summer i paid for him to go the the u of m football camp...when he was born we put a u of m football in his hospital basinet...

next summer i will send him back there before his senior year...because they have many scouts from different colleges..if he gets an offer that's great if not he still has his fall back here in california...

jodie
  7. Marta608

Marta608 Member

What a wonderful son you have, Jodie. I know you're very proud of him, rightfully so, and I'll bet he's very proud of you, too.

We'd love to have you back here. Of course, right now at 8:30 a.m. it's only 50 degrees. We've had a chilly few weeks. But it's sunny! ;>)
    Marta