OT Totally exhausted fridge quit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Redwillow, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

My turn to vent!

I am totally exhausted. Our fridge quit on Sat. night. It was 20 years old so we got our money's worth but what a mess. Melted ice cream was the worst!

We had to cart all the food to the basement (we have a smaller fridge there for drinks etc). Take out all the pop, bottled water and beer and put in food.

Figure out what to keep and what to cook immediately. We will be eating peas, green beans and corn all cooked in one pot for the next week!

I drove to the city yesterday, bought a fridge and had it delivered today. This is tiring enough but now the fridge has arrived! I am so exhausted from walking up and down the stairs carrying a box of food at a time.

Now I have to pay for a new fridge! I didn't need another bill this month!

Thanks for letting me vent. The rest of the frozen food might just stay in the basement until I need it.

I don't drink beer anyway so I think it can stay in the case on the floor! Hubby might now agree though! LOL

hugs Marion (Redwillow)

[This Message was Edited on 09/19/2006]
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

What a mess.....I ended up putting things in my clothes washer and dumped all ice over it, from ice maker, and went and bought another bag of ice also also......

At least as ice melts it goes down the drain. Worked fine until new one was delivered.

Then it was cleaning out new one and stocking it....I hope never to go though that again......LOL.

love, Susan
    Also put old news papers on top....that helps insulate and keep all cold.[This Message was Edited on 09/19/2006]
  3. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

What a clever idea Susan! I would have never thought of using my washing machine as cooler!

Thanks goodness I didn't have to go that route.

I have been thinking for the last year that this fridge is really getting old, really should be replaced, but there is always something else that comes up in the meantime.

Last week it was the toilet in the downstairs bathroom. Since we live in the country with a septic tank this is an expensive toilet that has to pump up to the septic tank. Haven't got that fixed yet!!!

Owning a house isn't cheap, it seems like the bills just keep on coming!!!!!

hugs Marion