OT ...TV PROGRAM .. BOOK OF DANIEL CANCELLED!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CarolK, Jan 25, 2006.

1. CarolK

CarolK New Member

For those of you who found the TV program... THE BOOK OF DANIEL...offensive... here is good news! I'm glad to hear that the networks do listen to the viewers from time to time! I never watched it cause I heard it was so offensive.. glad to know that it's gone!

NBC Drops The Book of Daniel
    WND Staff / Teresa Neumann Reporting (Jan 24, 2006)

Christians who protested the offensive TV series, The Book of Daniel, have reason to rejoice.

WorldNetDaily reports that one NBC affiliate after another dropped the show, advertisers ran from it and so did viewers. Now, NBC has dropped the show.

"Unfortunately, due to many reasons, The Book of Daniel will no longer be aired on NBC on Friday nights," said the show's creator, Jack Kenny, to fans.

NBC affiliates across the nation either never aired the show or stopped broadcasting it included Nashville, Tennessee; Hattiesburg, Mississippi; Meridian, Mississippi; Jackson, Mississippi; Amarillo, Texas; Wichita, Kansas; Beaumont, Texas; and Terre Haute, Indiana.

[This Message was Edited on 01/25/2006]
  2. 1shepherd1

1shepherd1 Member

Glad to hear that they closed the book, on "The Book Of Daniel". Never watched it after reading a review in the newspaper and learning what the plot line was. Thanks for the update.
  3. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

Thanks Carol, for lettin' us know!!!!!
  4. CarolK

CarolK New Member

I know that the topic of this show came up on the board a few weeks ago... so I thought that a number of you would like to know the final outcome of the show.

This world is so over wrought with bad news... we just don't need a show like this one was!

Glad I could be the barrer of GOOD NEWS!

Blessings... CarolK
  5. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Okay this is the third time I have tried to write this post because I can't figure out how to say what I want to say.

So, all I am going to say is that I think it is a shame that we as Americans can't enjoy a "fictional" TV series without everyone getting so uptight about it.

The same goes for the show House. It is just fiction. People today get their toes stepped on way too much.

People have become too sensitive.

Thanks for letting me state my opinion without anyone taking it personally!

kate
  6. CarolK

CarolK New Member

First of all... how are you feeling?? Any more "baby action"?? I wish you well on your adventure into motherhood!! And CONGRATULATIONS on your precious new little baby!!!!!

Thanks for your input... all opinions are welcome! And I do agree with you to a point... seems everyone is so touchy these days. I also think we have become such an overly sensitive nation on many issues.

However, when it comes to a persons deeply held religious beliefs and they are mocked and distorted... well, I cannot blame them for being upset. This program did just that... it mocked, distorted and made fun of the Christian faith. This is happening at an alarming rate!

Like someone said before, if this show was about the Muslims or the Buddhists or any other religion, it would not be tolerated and people would be screaming bloody murder! But for some reason it is "open season" on the Christian faith.

So I guess my question to you Kate would be... do we really need another TV program where peoples faith is held up to ridicule... where is the entertainment value in that??

Just my opinion... thanks for letting me express it and once again CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR UPCOMING BABY! BE SURE TO POST WHEN HE ARRIVES!!

CarolK
  7. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

I'm bummed that the Book of Daniel was cancelled -- I liked it -- thought it tackled a lot of real-life issues! And yes, I *am* a Christian -- Episcopalian actually, and I didn't find it offensive -- though I certainly respect the opinions of those of you who did. Faith takes many paths.

G-d loves us all, I think, regardless the nature of our faith. I don't know how I'd get through this life (and this dd!) without Him.

I like House, too -- yes, he's a jerk, but that is what makes the show interesting. Thankfully it is fiction!