OT: UPDATE Katemac/False Alarm :)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KateMac329, Jan 24, 2006.

1. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello!

Okay thank you ALL for your sweet thoughts and prayers!!!

I feel like such a dummy but you know what it is better to be safe than sorry.

I am dialated 1cm and am having mild contractions but my water has not broke. That is what the hospital said.

My appointment with my OB got moved up to tomorrow morning and he will check me again and we will go from there.

They said they aren't keeping me because there isn't a slow leak which is a good thing.

The nurse said that when it slow leaks like that sometimes it could be dangerous and cause infection which then stresses the baby out and can hurt him.

They did two fern tests on me to make double sure that it wasn't my water (don't know what the heck it was) but they said that if it was my water slowly leaking they would have to induce.

I got to say that I am glad that at this point right now I don't have to be induced because I don't want anything bad to happen to my baby!!! I want him to come on his terms.

His heart rate is good and they checked my swelling and said that my OB would check tomorrow too but that they believe we are all okay.

So, what does this mean? Since I am dialated 1cm could it be any day now or are you just dialated like that for awhile. I meant to ask my nurse but with all the excitement I was kind of glad to go home. I will be asking my OB tomorrow.

THANK YOU ALL so much for your wonderful support!!! YOU ALL ARE really Landon's Auntie's and Grandma's!!!!

(((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

I WILL KEEP YOU GUYS POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

kate
    [This Message was Edited on 01/24/2006]
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

SO GLAD THAT YOU AND BABY ARE O.K!

I KNOW THAT YOU ARE GETTING SO EXCITED!

MamaR
  3. russiankids3

russiankids3 New Member

you and baby Landon are doing well, Kate. I am sending positive thoughts your way and also thoughts to Landon to take his time and not be in any hurry!!!! His world is so wonderful--being in the womb of a loving mother.

Take care.
    Sue
  4. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

HOW exciting to read how you have been feeling all along with your pregnancy. How kind you have been to take the time to share it with each of us.

I loved being a mom and raising my sons. Never a boring moment, and what love to give and be given in all those years. I almost envy you, and your family...starting on such a wonderful adventure!

Love, Jana
  5. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

With my youngest, I was 80% effaced and 3cm dialated for weeks before I was induced. 1 cm isn't much. And avoid indiction if you can.

Glad you and baby are ok!! Take care!!!!
  6. crumpton

crumpton New Member

Just think of it as a practice drill to get to the hospital, who to call, and a practice for us to.

I am going on a trip for one week to see my 90 something in-laws. They are celebrating their 73rd wedding anniversary. Can you imagine? I can't and I have been married 23 years.

Well I can't wait to get back and get an update. How exciting for you to be so close but this last month can seem like it goes on forever. I'll pray that it goes by quickly for you!

Love, Mema Crumpton
  7. bphayes

bphayes New Member

my baby is 6 yrs old. the other two are 9 and 12. all girls...i wanna baby. my best friend is 3 months along with her 2nd. i wanna baby. LOL need a babysitter one day....i can hold a baby anyday of the week.