OT: update on best friend situation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, May 26, 2006.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

So, my best friend called me yesterday. I talked briefly to her, and I did tell her that I was kind of upset about the day before. I told her that my son was really excited to be going to the park with Rian, and he was extremely disappointed when Rian wasn't there. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to talk to her too long because I had a school function to attend. So, I didn't really get to get a whole lot off my chest.

Well, she called again today, and today I told her everything about how I feel. First, when she called, she said she was upset that I was upset with her!! Can you believe that?!? She stands ME up and she's upset with me? She said that she's working a lot and felt like I don't understand. I corrected her and said that I do understand, but that it only takes 2 seconds to pick up the phone and say "hey, sorry, but I cannot make it to the park today." I also told her how I was still upset about the night we were supposed to go out, and how I waited up until 11 o'clock to hear from her. I told her how it upsets me because I've been VERY sick lately, and I could have gone to bed early that night instead of waiting around. But, NO, instead I waited up until 11pm and woke up feeling like garbage the next morning. I explained to her that because I've been so sick lately, it takes ALOT out of me to go out. I have to prepare both mentally and physically, and that's why I was upset that she never called.

Again, she said how she had to work later than expected that night, and was so tired by the time she got out of work, and that's why she didn't call. But still, I don't buy that, because it doesn't take a whole lot to call on the car ride home from work and say you won't be going out.

I'm still really upset by this whole thing. She tried to say that I've done that to her in the past, and that she never got upset because she figured I was too sick. But, I don't buy it. I ALWAYS call her if we have plans and I decide not to go. I just don't have the energy to stress about this.

It just seems everything's going wrong, and I don't have the strength to even care any more. I want to feel normal. I want to wake up on a beautiful day like today and take my son to the park. But here it is, 3:45pm and all I've done is lay around on the couch while my son played with his cars and watched TV.

Enough complaining. Thanks for listening, as always. It feels good to vent and get this off my chest.

Kim
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Ya know we sometimes just have to tell it like we see it ,and then let it go.
    I have found that sometimes I have just been on a different page then my friend.sometimes we grow at different rates.Don't give up on her ,just give her some space for awhile and as it goes she may return the favor sometime.
    "Don't sweat the little stuff ,save your energy for future Big stuff."