OT....Update on Cosmo, a silly old dog

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Jul 31, 2006.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

Just returned from the vet. Cosmo is doing well. The incision finally closed completely, although we are picking sutures out as they surface. He doesn't seem to mind.

The fur may not grow back well over the surgery site, but I don't think Cosmo will care. For me, that's that much less fur for him to shed!

I brushed him with a rake tool this morning, took off enough fur to create a chihuahua dog with it!

He did well going up the ramp into the car today. We bought a length of scrap 4X4 wood to prop under the bottom of the ramp, to decrease the steepness of it. That plus luring him with dried liver treats worked quite well. whew.

On a lighter note, as he has lost 6 pounds and is a lighter dog (only 104 pounds now), while I was away he ate the contents of a sample size tube of Colgate toothpaste and some dental floss. Needless to say, he is well cleaned out now. Silly old dog. He seems to be recovering from that, too.

He's NEVER done anything like that before, but I guess he's just had too much stress lately.

Looking back on it, it's sort of funny, but my darling spouse had a bit of a time dealing with it all.

So, for the moment, the doggy set in this household is healthy and stable. Hope that holds for awhile!

Peace,
    Beth.
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Beth, it's always nice to hear good doggy news! Thanks. The toothpaste thing reminds me of Marley & Me. Did you read it?

Marta
  3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

So glad your fur baby is doing better!

Marta - Marley and Me is one of my favorite books ever!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies.