OT: Update on Landon and Kate

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KateMac329, Mar 5, 2006.

1. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello!

Sorry I haven't been able to get on here in a few days!

I did post a quick reply in a post started by dear friend Vilke but looking around I see I got a few of you worried and I am so sorry!!!

I want to thank you all for praying for Landon with my request in the prayer thread.

He IS okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEW, talk about stress! This boy is going to be the death of me but I don't care, I love him so much!

His doctor was concerned about his pyloric valve at his check up on Thursday and sent us to the hospital for tests.

Everything came back fine and it looks like he was just having a reaction to the formula we had him on and maybe that we were feeding him too much at each feeding.

And for those of you who have talked to me about feeling guilty about the breastfeeding, YES I felt even more guilty thinking that if only I was breastfeeding this wouldn't be happening.

BUT...I am over it! We have him on a good soy based formula and he is doing awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really!

I also want to thank all of you for keeping me in your thoughts. My depression is bad then good then bad again. I can't seem to find anyone that can get me in sooner than Thursday but it is coming quick so I can hang in there.

Hubby, bless his heart really tried to help me out this weekend.

He let me sleep which was AWESOME but our entire household took a nose dive.

I don't know, I am just being completely ungrateful but I can't handle being told to take a "break" and things not getting done. That is hard on me because when it is time for me to come off my break it just means more work for me.

But he really did help out a lot by letting me sleep Friday and Saturday night through without having to get up for Landon's feedings. YAY! Which is another good thing to tell myself that I should be glad I am not breastfeeding. Hubby can take over.

Okay I am just rambling now. I go in for my Gall Bladder tests on Wednesday. It is crazy but since having Landon I have lost thirty pounds. NO JOKE! I can hardly eat because of the stomach thing but when I do it is very nutritious!!! Plus I started all my vitamins and supplements up again. (another reason to be glad I am not breastfeeding, couldn't do the supplements if I was)

I hope all my dear friends are doing well! I have been trying to get on here to catch up but this board moves SOOO fast!

I did see a couple of days ago some craziness about the topics on here. Gosh this board really does go in cycles doesn't it. Drama!!! Like we all don't have enough in our lives as it is, our safe place doesn't need to add it in our lives!

Lots of love and hugs from me and Landon!!!

(((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

kate

P.S. Tomorrow Landon turns four weeks and we are going to get pictures of him so I will post a new one soon!

2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I'm glad Landon is okay, but I surely hope you will be too. Hope you can get something to help you for the depression.

I decided to bottle feed both of my boys and I'm not sorry as I had hubby help me sometimes with the bedtime feeding as I would go to bed at 9:30 PM.

Won't be long before Landon will be sleeping through the night and that is so sweet when it happens. :)

Both my boys had colic and cried and now I wonder if they had been put on a soy formula if that wouldn't have helped them.

Thanks for the update! :)

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

So good to hear from you again.

I just want to mention that in my life....I really wish I could go backwards and not insist on the perfectly clean house, the tidy rooms, and get both those dust bunnies and my kids little again.

You're not feeling well, hubby won't necessarily do things the exact way YOU would...but it's all OK in the grand scheme of things.

Try to learn to let a few things go...it really won't hurt anything. If you take the time you would have spent doing dishes or laundry or vacuuming and just spend it gazing at Landon, it'll be time well spent.

They're only little for such a short time....relax.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm glad things are turning around for you and you and Landon are keeping better. You've had a really rough time Kate, you've had lots to worry over wee Landon and it all takes its toll.

As for your housework, well, it will still be there in a few weeks, it's not going anywhere, drop your standards a bit and dont concern yourself so much with housework. It wont be forever just til you're a bit stronger, so allow yourself that.

Yes we could all do without the occassional dramas here, better to keep right out of it I say.

Looking forward to wee Landon's new photo.

Take care.

love
    Rosie

5. MamaR

MamaR New Member

So pleased that all is well with Landon!!

With love.....Mari
  6. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

Glad that both you and Landon are doing o.k. He is such a beautiful baby!

Hugs,
    Lindy :eek:)