OT Update on my Cosmo dog

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Jun 24, 2006.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words.

We took Cosmo to the surgical consult yesterday. We were very well impressed with the vet and the clinic. The vet spent a lot of time with us, explained options and, when she finally unwrapped Cosmo's leg, exclaimed delightedly, "Oh, this will be easy to remove!" when she saw the tumor. That boosted our confidence!

So, Cosmo is scheduled for surgery next Wednesday. His recovery should be fairly easy, and he should be able to bear weight on the surgical leg within about 24 hours.

The vet cautioned us that this will not cure the cancer, and it will likely come back, but should buy us enough time for him to live out his life in much more comfort.

This is pricey, but we will deal with it.

So, life goes on for my big fur kid!

Peace,
    Beth.
  2. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

fingers crossed all goes well and i'm glad that the vet is positive she can operate successfully xxx
  3. Rene

Rene New Member

Good news! I'm happy for you. Let us know how Cosmo does.
    Rene
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Hope your cosmo does well.Linda
  5. BethM

BethM New Member

We'll know results by Wed. afternoon. I'll post soon as I know. Thanks for the good wishes!

Cosmo is doing fine today, just not happy that we are going out for the day without him.

Peace,
    Beth.
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

sounds like it's going to be ok!! great news hug cosmo for us!
  7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm so happy that the prognosis for Cosmo is so good!!

I'll bet after a little "paws" in the action, he will be

out there again getting a "leg up" on the competition.

Give him a supportive pet for me!

MRDAD
  8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Oh I thought you had decided not to. I stayed with my dog and assisted vet with removal and she did live another two or three years.

I also wanted to say that if there is a doggie treadmill (water one) near you it works wonders for the healing. A few places have them now. Your doggie goes and walks with legs underwater on a little treadmill. The recovery is so much better.

Love and kisses to Cosmo I know you have been up and down on what to do.

Love Anne Crom