OT: Update went to doc for insect bite, it was a tick.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KateMac329, Aug 1, 2006.

1. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello all!

Okay I FINALLY got to go to the doctor today! My leg has been killing me and I have just been feeling like crud lately.

Well the doctor said it was the weirdest bite she had ever seen but that it wasn't a spider bite but a tick bite.

She was especially concerned about the "white halo" that I was describing around the area that was there and had reappeared this morning.

So she did bloodwork on me and is running a Lymes test.

The results should come back in two days and in the mean time I have to take an antibiotic and apply a steriod cream because it is very infected.

I just want to say thanks to those of you who replied to my post and tried to help me out! I really appreciate it!

(((HUGS)))

kate
  2. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Doesn't that just tick you off. All that your going thru and now this. I know it's not funny but good grief; if your like me your wondering what's next? Well I hope it comes back negative and everything will be alright. Take care of yourself and get better!
  3. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello!

Thanks so much for the encouragement!!! I know everything is going to be just fine, I can feel it.

And if the Lyme's does come back positive then there are things I can do about it. I am not going to get down or upset or whiny.

Life is good right now. Although tough, very good. I feel I am finally in a place where I can breathe if that makes any sense at all.

I feel that I am on track with getting better and I have my wonderful husband and sweet son to share life with.

(((HUGS)))

kate

P.S. MrPain, You know that butt kicking I gave you, boy it sure did feel good! :) Just kidding! You are great and I don't know how anyone could ever be mad at you! You are always so cheerful and full of great and sincere advice. Keep being YOU!

((HUGS))
  4. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I just deleted a dumb reply I sent to you last night so let me just say thanks, I needed that kicking....
    Has the results come back yet from your bite?
  5. redsox10

redsox10 New Member

HI Kate,

Sorry to hear about the tick bite.

Most doctors do not know much about Lyme Disease. I would get tested through IGENEX lab. WHat antibiotic are you on and for how long? Please educate yourself about Lyme Disease. Don't throw away the picture off your rash!

You might want to check out the lyme boards. I would also go to lymenetdotorg. CHeck out the forums.

6. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello!

LOL So you finally got to see me! I'm not much into make up so the picture you saw and the one before that weren't very good. (But I am self conscious anyway!) Although the one with my hat was a lot better then this one. I just wanted to put one up with my hubby. But now there is a cute picture of L Bean. LOL He is a mess but a total HAM! LOL

Thanks about my silly bite! I didn't know that you wouldn't know if you got bit by a tick but that is what my doctor says. And let me tell you it is hurting so bad. I am not joking. This thing is murder!

I actually had to go back to the doctor today to get an actual shot to try to help with the swelling and infection. It's getting a little out of hand. Plus the posion oak isn't helping matters! I am a mess! LOL

I should get my Lyme results tomorrow and I completely believe that they are going to call and tell me that it is negative. No matter what kind of tests they run on me they always come back negative! LOL

I am so sorry about the dog hon! It is an invasion of space and I know it especially feels awkward when it is with someone you are friends with.

That is something that has really bothered me over the past three years that NO ONE that I have talked to about this would get. It is a HUGE invasion of space. My privacy is being interuppted.

I can't curl up in my rocking chair next to my favorite window anymore because instead of immersing myself in my book I get side tracked by the continuous barking.

Oh and we aren't talking about a little arf arf here and bark bark there. We are talking about a bark bark bark bark grrrrr bark bark bark HOWL arf arf bark bark grrrrr bark bark HOWL bark arf arf HOWL bark bark grrrrr bark arf arf bark grrrrr bark bark bark HOWL HOWL bark bark bark arf arf arf arf arf bark bark bark bark HOWL arf grrrrr arf arf arf bark bark bark HOWL grrrrr arf bark bark grrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

So that between the THREE dogs right next door! LOL I actually feel like I am going insane on some days.

I am a very quite person too so this is a very challenging issue. We specifically moved out here because I like peace and quite.

I really try to just live with it. But I actually have to have a lot of white noise going on in the house because of our neighbors which is noise in general and I don't like it.

Okay so now you probably think I am just plain crazy! But this literally goes on around the clock.

I mean I just don't get having a dog if you are going to leave it outside and never spend time with it. They are not put together like that. Dogs like to have companionship!

So every time we pull in our driveway a helicopter goes by or an ambulance drives by or we let our dogs out to go potty and I swear I am NOT joking when I say this, use our spare restroom!!!!! they bark! They can hear me sneeze or blow my nose or call out at my husband or even when I am vacuuming the bathroom. We don't use our backyard at all anymore because we simply can't. We can't sit outside without them standing at the fence and growling and barking at us.

Isn't that horrible.

Someone who imposes on another person's quality of life in their OWN HOME should have some sort of reprimand or consiquence but since I live in "the county" there is not a darn thing that will be done and I have contacted every person possible to get something done about it.

And this guy is a preacher!!! So you would think that of all people he would have the decency to be thoughtful but NOPE!

Okay sorry I got off on my rant there!!!!! Really!!!!! It's just that NO ONE ever understands because they just look at you like how can a dog barking really be that annoying. It's like because that is all you hear! So I guess I am complaining because you understand.

Oh and about your thread getting deleted. I don't remember if I told you already but it got deleted because of the bb comments. So sorry about that.

Sorry I was complaining! If I hadn't of taken so long to post this I would delete the whole thing but I don't want to start over! LOL LOL LOL I am lazy!!!

((((((((HUGS))))))))

kate

Talk to you later hon!

p.s. sorry this is so long! :)
  7. redsox10

redsox10 New Member

Kate,

I can not stress enough that you should get a lyme test done at IGENEX labs. If this was a tick bite with a tick carrying the lyme bacteria you need to know. How long and what antibiotics are you taking?
  8. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello!

I wanted to get back to you last night but I really needed to get to bed so I am sorry it has taken so long!

How do you get tested with IGENEX? I am clueless about this stuff. I mean I really don't know what to do.

My results for the test they sent out haven't come back yet but I checked out the site you gave and also checked out the IGENEX site and it said that you can get many diseases from a tick bite other then Lyme.

Do you have Lyme? You don't have any info in your profile so I don't really know anything about your history. How do you know so much?

I just don't know what to do.

I feel kind of like a hypochondriac because about three days after the "bite" I started getting really really cold. I mean it is HOT down here in Alabama and I would just go outside and sit and I normally hate being outside. Sometimes I would even wear a jacket.

In the house I have been wearing layers and my husband is just baffled. He can't figure me out. I am so cold that sometimes I don't want to move! UGH! It's just awful chills.

I have been having some pretty significant leg pain around the bite area and also muscle pain. I have also been having severe knee pain in both knees.

After my doctor told me she thought it was a tick bite I went and looked Lyme up and sure enough those are some of the symptoms but I KNOW that the test is going to come back negative! No matter what tests I have run on me they always come back negative!!!!

So, that either means that their tests are wrong or I am a hypochondriac!

I don't know. And I have been especially tired lately. I was actually doing really well there for awhile too.

My biggest complaint was only fatigue and Endometriosis and girl stuff so now with this happening I am a little freaked out.

Could you please just talk to me some more. I am not trying to be whiny! I know I am and I am sorry!

Okay about the antibiotic - It is Doxycycline 100mg ywice daily.

Thanks for talking with me about this.

((HUGS))

kate
  9. jake123

jake123 New Member

Have you tried throwing dog biscuits over the fence or some tennis balls? My sister used to do this when she walked out in the country. Instead of a bunch of barking maniacs, they would see her and their ears would stand up and they would run out to see her with their tennis ball.
  10. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

That is actually a really great idea! The only thing that scares me about that though is what if they start barking because they WANT me to come outside and play! LOL LOL LOL

Good suggestion though! I have thought about the treat thing but I don't want my neighbor to think I am trying to posion his dogs.

((HUGS))

Thanks for the input though!

kate
  11. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

bump for redsox
  12. kjfms

kjfms Member

I just found this and want to wish you luck for negative tests results.

Thanks for the update,

Karen