OT uplifting day

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tansy, Dec 14, 2005.

1. tansy

tansy New Member

I am in the midst of trying to edit my evidence for the Inquiry being organised by Dr Ian Gibson (UK). In many ways it's been emotional; added to which this time of year puts extra demands on everyone's energy.

I was having problems finding someone to take a blood sample for me. Yesterday the engineer who repaired my stair lift told me his wife was a nurse so I asked if she'd mind taking a blood sample. Well she 'phoned me in the evening said yes and so she came around to my home this afternoon.

What a lovely person she is, she would not accept any payment and offered to do the same again whenever I needed it. She was the personification of a caring health professional: reckon a few doctors should take lessons from her especiallly with regard to respect for their patients.

Then later I watched the last of the ITV series "50 years of Rock and Roll" which featured Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings, Roger Chapman, Albert Lee, Beverley Skeete, Georgie Fame and the Zombies. Wow talk about uplifting.

Before things got very bad again I discovered I had a talent for photography especially people pics. I have a very distinctive style which is considered honest and respectful along with a reputation for capturing the moment and recording the atmosphere of a live gig as experienced by the audience.

I used to play guitar many years ago; not particularly talented, but I was competent and so had become very much a part of the music scene. My photography meant meeting up with old friends and making new ones, especially the less commercial names in music who are none the less are able to make a living through their talents and passion for music.

So tonight I watched musicians I knew personally and reflected upon the photos I had taken of over half of them whilst they were performing live. Lots of wonderful memories and emotions, especially when I remembered our shared respect and admiration for one anothers arts. Since I was always very close to the stage they were aware how much I enjoyed their music.

No wonder I feel uplifted. It's been a wonderful antidote for all the frustrations everyone with these DDs have, especially in the UK.

Tansy[This Message was Edited on 12/14/2005]
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I'm so happy that your day was so wonderful for you and that you shared the experience with all of us. We need to do this more as it is uplifting to all!

I had a very good day as well and am so thankful. Like you say, those of us with these DDs have far a few between good days. There are good people in the world and when have something special happen, something that is unselfish like what the nurse did, we are reminded.

Not only do the DDs get us down, the world news does. We sometimes begin to look at our cups as "half empty" instead of "half full."

You are such a sweet person and deserve to have many wonderful days!!!!

Warm wishes, Jeannette
  3. pastel

pastel New Member

Uplifting for sure! That nurse is a real gem; restores
    faith in people doesn't it. Reminds me that there really are good caring medical folks out there.

You've had such interesting, rich experiences and it is wonderful that your memories came back the other night.

Love the Moody Blues retrospective recently too, and yeah
    Cream!

Love,
    Catherine