OT: Vent...the woes of working with the public...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Apr 24, 2006.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

...or everyone should work at least one time in their life in a public related service industry. Be it waiting tables, convenience stores, front desks at physicians offices, grocery stores, or whatever.

In order to learn how to treat fellow human beings who work in these service industries.

1. I am not there to be your slave. Yes I am there to serve you not be your whipping dog.

2. Please have the common courtesy to put away you cell phone and look at me when you are addressing me. What am I a mind reader?

3. When I ask you for you ID because you are purchasing alcohol or tobacco. I did not make the rule, I am just doing my job and do not make enough money to pay the fine nor do I want to lose my job because I did not ID you....I could really care less if you look old enough or not!

4. No that buzzer connected to the door does not bother me.(I have Migraines anyway)...LOL It lets me know when someone comes in. (The shelves do not stock themselves.)

I am a woman working the midnight shift alone and do not like to get the crap scared out of me and NO I will not turn it off..

..after this guy left.....I am walking around the store talking to myself...."jerk, yea...next, time I see you pull in the parking lot I run to turn off the buzzer. So that it does bother you for the whole 3 minutes you are in here to buy a pack of gum".

5. And then....there is always the never ending "Well let's go to work". Excuse me...just where do you think I am knucklehead...Disney World?

Sorry, I had a really bad night at work and needed to get a few things out.

I have got to find another job. I do not think I can wait until I take my medical coding test.

Anyway thanks for letting me vent. I feel a little better now.

Have a great day,

Karen
  2. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

I worked with the public all of my adult life and Ive been there, done that. I hope today will be better for you.

Suzette
  3. kjfms

kjfms Member

....Thank you. It just felt good to write it down.

Karen
  4. kjfms

kjfms Member

...yea I was pretty frustrated the day I posted this. I had really bad night customer wise and pain. We have been have a lot of rain here...lol.

Yes I am studying for my coding certification also. I am trying to find another job but it is hard. I live in a small community and jobs are scarce.

I worked for over 2 years as a medical coder at a large hospital (500+ beds) and I can't buy a job in this one horse town....frustrated again...can you tell? LOL

The only thing I can guess that is going on is I am overqualified...just not sure. For comparison the hospital I worked at...in the coding dept. we had 32 coders. At the local hospital where I have applied has 5 big difference.

I put the end of 2006 for my goal in case anything happens. The test costs $380.00 and it has taken a while to save.

Thanks,

Karen