OT (very) New washer/dryer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Juloo, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Juloo

Juloo Member

We got back from vacation a couple of weekends ago. I remember telling my husband, during piling up the collected laundry, that we were lucky for our had-it-since-we-were-first-married w/d were still working well. Relatively.

Guess I forgot to knock wood.

Just four loads in, the washer starting making this weird whirring noise and completely stopped. The whirring noise got louder and louder, so I turned it off. Had to bail it!

Long story short, my husband said -- I trust you...here's the Consumer Report info. Go and get what you think we need...and make sure they do the hookups and take the old units.

Today I got my new front loaders! I've been doing laundry like crazy (there's a lot to catch up on). Despite all the buttons and such, they're simple enough to teach my 10 year old how as well (I was just starting to teach him when the old one bit the dust).

And the new dryer is great, too -- it takes about 35 minutes for a load, unlike the 60 plus of my old one. Especially nice when my husband never can seem to find time for putting up my clothesline.

Just as a closer...I was on the fourth load of laundry when the toilet in the bathroom adjacent to the w/d overflowed! Fortunately it was (relatively) clean water. Life always finds a way to balance it all out!
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

If we do not laugh we will cry at times......we have all

been there......done that and have the bumper sticker.

I needed this little story........thanks......Susan
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

But this was my dryer that died, not my washer. My washer is 5 years old the dryer was almost 17 years old. We didn't get the new dryer until 6/1. I had to hang clothes up on wooden clothes dryers until the new dryer came.

I had to rewash the towels because they came out so badly from the wash and air drying. Much rather have the dryer break than the washer.

I always get a top loading washer as I hate the bending over to put in the clothes and take them out and I always figure they will end up leaking easier.

Good luck with your new washer and dryer.

Hugs,
    Faye
  4. dleaning

dleaning New Member

Our dryer broke about 3 weeks ago!!! Is something in the air????