OT Victoria a question for you

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by ckball, Jul 6, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I was looking thru my past posts and you had replied to my post about hemochromotosis. You said your mother in law had it. May I ask how she is doing?

I get phlemboties about twice a year now. At first, I was going every other week, then slacked of to once a month.

Thanks-Carla

2. victoria

victoria New Member

Yes ... she has not had to give blood now for a very long time, I think its been maybe 10 years now since the last time. In the beginning it did take her a while also to get the iron levels down and stabile. She does still have her blood checked yearly.

She is now 88 and physically is doing pretty well - still has almmost no aches and pains, altho she is getting frail. She has been living with us for the past year. The only real problem she has is vascular dementia unfortunately, altho they tell us this does not have anything to do with the hemochromatosis.

Thanks for asking - you sound like you are stabilizing as well. Hope it made you feel somewhat better symptom-wise?

Victoria
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

I have a 82 year old aunt who doesn't look a day over 70 and drives and retireed from Hallmark Giftcard at the age of 80, she worked there 25 years. She is amazing.

Then there is us 40'-50's and can barely crawl out of bed somedays. What's wrong with that picture.

Yes, my treatments plus the plaquinal has made a huge difference in my joint pain. Still had the fatigue until I got Adderall. I do the best i can on the good days rest on the bad. Life goes on. Carla