OT: Wakemeup and others with Pituitary Tumors...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Jul 5, 2006.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

Hi how are?

I just to update you on my PT. Mine has been declared a Non-Function Pituitary Tumor.

I will be seeing a Neurosurgeon sometime in the next few months for his opinion.

I am not sure if he will want to remove it or wait at this point.

Take care,

Karen
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

No I have seen anything of darude...hope she is ok.

I am just not sure what to do about the PT I guess I will just wait and see what the neurosurgeon thinks.

With a non-functioning PT surgery is the only option it can not be reduced with medication or radiology. So I will have surgery just do not know when. I am not sure if I should wait or just go ahead and do it. I will wait and speak with the neurosurgeon though.

Well I agree with you how can they say yours is the same if they have nothing to compare to? That makes no sense...argh

Have you ever thought about seeing a different physician for yours?

A lot of people just blow these tumors off as nothing but they are not just nothing. Here is a site I have been using for some research:

http://www.pituitary.org/

I do not know why they keep telling you to wait for lactation...a prolactinoma is not the only type of pituitary tumor and they should know better...oh wouldn't you just like to smack them...LOL

Take care of you,

Karen