OT...Want to see my Flower Garden??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SherylD, Jul 19, 2006.

1. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Hey everyone!

This is a picture (see profile) of one of my flower beds..I put this one in last spring and it went nuts!!

My FIL does cement work and he help me put in the stone walk...I just love it!!

Thought I would share...

SherylD
  2. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

sheryld.
    I"m the one from Dixon, your flowers are beautiful.

Thats the only thing I miss living in a wooded area its hard to grow good flowers. have a great day
    sixtyslady
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Really beautiful you have done a wonderful job. I like the big star and the walk way also . I hope to plant and build a lovely spot in my back yard when we get moved . I love flowers and garden design. I think you can tell alot about the person by the type garden they plant.
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Nice job, SherylD!

Marta
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

It's very kool!! looks like one i've seen on the outdoor patio makeover show!!..........................Love the rock work path! and all the flowers are so beautiful!....................I live in a Apt complex and have a few containers out! and a little 6 by 6 garden spot that has strawberries and flowers in it !............................sigh :) so nice! wish i had a bigger spot!........................hugs sydney
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Nice you have the energy to keep up your garden.
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

That is the one thing I don't do. I'm more fixing up the inside.

I don't handle the heat well. But I admire a beautiful garden.

When I lived in Richmond,VA I had to drive down a historical road call Monument Ave. Every couple of blocks would be a bronze statue of a horse with heros of the civil war,

The homes were very historical and had beautiful gardens. It is a very nice city,

Looks like you have your own peice of heven at your door, enjoy- Carla
  8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Wow....it must be wonderful to sit back and see how pretty it turned out.

That's why I love working outside, all of the work shows!

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  9. SherylD

SherylD Guest

It really is not alot of work...Everything in there comes up every year...And I put some stuff down for weeds before I put the mulch down...That makes a huge difference...

I love it though..I just made the back yard look so much better...It use to just be grass with a row of peonies! It took my FIL skidloader to pull all the peonies out!

So my husband and Fil did a lot of work...I helped and did all the planting..

I will have to put another picture on later of my other flower bed...My husband built me a swing in that one..I love it cuz he built it for me for Mothers Day one year...And I have all these vines growing on it...

Glad you all enjoyed it..Take Care!
  10. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Just beautiful!!!! Thanks for sharing. Every morning I look our my windows and thank God for my flower gardens. It is really is a joy to have flowers. I noticed that you pulled out your peonies. I'd give anything to grow peonies. They just don't do well in my area - Zone 8. It's too hot and humid.

You've given me some incentive to post my garden pics.

Lolalee
  11. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

Great work! Jana
  12. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I really liked my peonies...but they would bloom and then in just a couple days they were done and flat on the ground...so I took everything out and did all of this instead...

I would love to see your garden...Let me know if you post a picture!!

I have 2 other flower beds...I just love to look out the window and see all the color...

I have people stop and take pictures of my yard..LOL I think it funny but it makes me feel good..

SherylD
  13. kholmes

kholmes New Member

That's absolutely beautiful. If you don't mind, I'm going to lay down in your patio swing and take a nap.

ZZZZZ....

Kholmes
  14. SherylD

SherylD Guest

You go right ahead...LOL

I wish someone would use it! I never have time to just sit and enjoy...I think I have sat on that swing maybe twice this year..I do sit at our patio set that is right there by it..

But there has been a few night where someone has fallin asleep on that swing..LOL It's pretty comfy..

Take Care..
  15. kriket

kriket New Member

Your flower garden is beautiful. I would be sitting in that swing a lot, it looks very relaxing.

kriket
  16. ephemera

ephemera New Member

SherylD,

can you tell us what plants are in your garden. couldn't quite tell if they are native plants, maybe like bee balm/wild bergamont, etc.

Looks like you might also compost? Great colors & variety.
    Thanks for the pix.

best wishes for your green thumb!
  17. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

my 4 yr. old walked up as the picture loaded and he said "ohhh i wanna go there it is so pretty" LOL
    "Looks like a camping place"
  18. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

my 4 yr. old walked up as the picture loaded and he said "ohhh i wanna go there it is so pretty" LOL
    "Looks like a camping place"
  19. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

Great job,when your done with all of yours I sure could use a hand with mine!!!LOL
    Hugs,
    Mary
  20. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I love it! I am happy to see someone else that loves flowers.

I had to condense my flower garden to a container garden on my front porch. It does my heart good to see it. It is the highlight of my day.

Your garden is beautiful!