OT WARNING Online Survey Sites

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by UnicornK, Jul 17, 2006.

1. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I've been offline for several days because my computer would not allow me to go online. (I could get email and IM, though! Go figure!) Hubby was up very late last night, and was late for work this morning fixing the errors I had made.

DO NOT do online surveys!!! I had seven (7) trojan viruses on my computer from some of these survey sites.!

Whenever you are interested in a link, hold your curser over the link and make sure that the link shown at the bottom of the window is the same as the link you are being shown. If not...don't click! I just learned this the hard way!

Also, do not allow pop-up ads! They can do the same thing.

I hope this helps others to not make the same mistakes I made.

I feel kinda foolish...with a computer geek for a husband you'd think I would know this. LOL

God Bless.
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I do surveys every day.Have been for a year now.

That never happened to me.Now I wonder if it will.

I get paid from a lot of them with no problems with there checks.I also get surveys were they send me new foods to try.Than I take a survey after I have tried the food.

Hope that never happens to me.I enjoy doing surveys.The money I get a month is small but it pays for my scripts.

Sorry this happened to you.

Sue
  3. TAM

TAM New Member

Hi,

You shouldn't feel foolish at all, there are so many ways hackers put viruses into things its not even funny. I don't see what pleasure they find out of knowing they crashed alot of peoples computers.

Anyway thanks for the info. i'm really sorry that happened to you. take care, TAMMY.