OT?? We all need a tree!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sues1, Feb 24, 2006.

1. sues1

sues1 New Member

WE ALL NEED A TREE.......

"I hired a plumber to help me restore an old farmhouse, and after he had
    just finished a rough first day on the job: a flat tire made him lose an hour of
    work, his electric drill quit and his ancient one ton truck refused to start.

While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence. On arriving, he invited me in
    to meet his family. As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a
    small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands.

When opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation. His face was
    wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife
    a kiss.

Afterward he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the
    better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.

"Oh, that's my trouble tree," he replied "I know I can't help having troubles on
    the job, but one thing's for sure, those troubles don't
    belong in the house with my wife and the children.

.. So I just hang them up on
    the tree every night when I come home and ask God to take care of them. Then in
    the morning I pick them up again." "Funny thing is," he smiled," when I come out
    in the morning to pick 'em up, there aren't nearly as many as I remember hanging
    up the night before."
    ===================
    Put your problems in a tree at night! That is hard for me. My mind races with all kind of things and the next day I wonder WHY? Ha. Blessings............Susan
  2. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

Thanks, Susan.

Nature is a great solace, for certain :) I touch trees & plants & flowers often.

I never thought of asking a tree to hold my troubles for me overnight so I can simply rest and be happy with my cat, family & friends. I'm going to try it :)

All the best,

Roseblossom
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

Any object that we rate in any way, is from our preception and our attitude.

So I guess we do not need a tree.....even a house plant, a small ceramic angle, artifical plant, a stuffed animal....a stick in dirt? Etc.

Keep in on a chest of drawers and as you ready for bed...put your hands on it and silently say.......I am giving you my troubles for the night. We can examine them in the morning!

What ever works for each individual. Anything that helps us believe and relax is marvelous.
    Blessings..