OT---We Have Many Talented FM & CFS suffers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Sep 21, 2005.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Who Quilt,Do Bead Work And Paint , Knit, Crotchet we may even have potters.

I for one started to try my hand at painting.Did not know I had it in me. I have 3 paintings now and have been told there very good .I have seen others put pictures of there work in there profile so so talented.

I for one paint to get rid of the boredom and get my mind off my pain. No longer work. Used to put in 50 to 60 hour weeks.

I wish there was some way to display and sell our work to others as a team. We could donate 1/2 of our profits for research for FM & CFS maybe to Immune Support Or the Mayo clinic.

I don't know just a thought.

Oh Well

((((( Gentle Hugs All ))))
    Sue
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

as soon as DH comes home .Dummy me does not know how he does it for me.

I will wright and give them my Idea I hope others let me know what they think

Hugs
    Sue
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Bump for me to see
  4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

5. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

Before I got sick I used to paint a lot. I do still, but rarely. Creative energy takes energy, which I don't have right now.

I sell what is left of my art and jewelry on a site called artbyus. It's free and they do have charity auctions. The site owners are wonderful. If you ask them, I bet they would let us do that.
  6. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

Just posted one of my early works on my profile. :)
  7. Bambi

Bambi New Member

Your painting is VERY sexy!! I am not painting right now, but I'm drawing every day and keep a sketch pad handy
    and my pencils AND erasers also. It is so tranquilizing and at the same time invigorating to create anything.
    I couldn't draw a stick man in school
    and didn't even try until a few years ago when I saw of all people, Donna Dewberry on QVC. I'm not knocking her, she has a great method for beginners and really gives you the nerve to try.

I stuck with her videos etc for awhile and then started finding my own style. I'll never be posting here
    because I'm shy...ME? Well I'm not shy but I'm not good at criticism either. LOL! Noone here EVER says anything bad about anything, so I am
    only kidding. I don't know what I am
    but I'd never show anyone but my family my "stuff".

My daughter stuck what she asked me for in her attic, lol, but her friend took a lot of paintings and I "guess" she hung them up. One of these days I
    might get over my self doubts and fool myself. But I do it for the good
    feeling it gives me, the feeling of
    creating something and the lovely colors you can come up with. It also fills lonely hours and keeps the hands and arms flexible. Plus I just plain enjoy it!

I think a place for anyone who'd like to sell their creations is a great idea! My daughter makes beautiful jewelry and just won a prize in an online contest. I'm sure there are many here who could use the money and the feedback.
  8. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

It is a little sexy, is'nt it. It's of my best friend,who is an actress and who is very sexy. :)

I read a quote once that said if your not creating, your not connected to God/Universe. I think creating is important and you don' have to have it win prizes, or even to be an artist to create.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/22/2005]
  9. moxiepup

moxiepup New Member

That is one fabulous painting! it's so interesting I just kept staring at it. Do you remember that show What's My Line? should we guess who the actress is or would we not know her face? just curious..You know what they said curiosity killed the cat..OHHHHHHH did I just write that?

Once again I think it's wonderful if all you talented people got together and did something for charity, ya know like no pressure kind of stuff.

I miss the Painting Day on the Chit Chat board some of the work was just breathtaking.

thanks,

gail
  10. Grailgoddess

Grailgoddess New Member

You are inspiring! Not just with this idea of posting and selling our works, but by reminding us all that we have (possibly) untapped talent - that CFS/FM can be seen as a fork in the road, one path with opportunities we'd forgotten about - possibly just out of habit of thinking of all the "normal, day to day things" we can't do anymore. You are a true Light! Bless ~