OT: WE NEED YOUR PRAYERS!!!!! (from Kate)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KateMac329, Feb 5, 2006.

1. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello,

Yes I have my computer here at the hospital! LOL My husband thought it would be nice for me to be able to play my games but the hospital actually has wireless internet so I am able to get on here.

Landon Paul Weber was born at 12:51 a.m. on 2/06/2006.

He weighs 6lbs, 13oz and is 20 1/2 inches long.

He is in NICU and his doctor says he will probably be there for three to four days.

I didn't even get to hold him, they whisked him away so fast! Right as he was born they laid him up on my chest but I started throwing up so I barely got to see him!

While I was being stitched up (just a little tear) I could see them working on him and then they took him away to NICU.

There is a few things going on with him. They fear he might have an infection because I was in labor so long with my water broken, he was having trouble breathing and was under incredible stress and also the cord was wrapped around his neck.

When I was finally moved to my new room my nurse took me to see him. His color is so much better and his breathing is better but they are still worried about him.

I have been crying so much my face is really swollen. My labor and delivery was really horrible which I will tell you about later. It is amazing the love you can have for your child, I never knew such a love existed!

I sat there with him as long as the nurses would let me stroking his cheek, which he loves and talking to him. Hearing my voice keeps him pretty calm.

He keeps trying to curl his hand to get to the IV because he doesn't like it. I DON'T BLAME HIM!!!!

He is so beautiful though! I never in a million years would have thought he could be this beautiful! He has green eyes which I know will probably change but he is the most precious thing in the world!

My husband is asleep on the couch in my room otherwise I would be posting a picture of him. I don't know how to work the cable thing to transfer the photos over to the computer. BUT...as soon as I get a chance I am going to have my husband post a picture of him.

Now if you don't hear from me it is because I am up in the NICU with Landon but I will get back to you guys as soon as possible to let you know how he is doing.

You guys have been so great and supportive and I hate to continue to ask things of you but if you would please pray for my baby boy I would be forever in debt to you!!!!

I am actually too tired to talk about my labor but believe me it was bad! I will write about it the next time I post.

I hope you all are doing well and feeling the best you can!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

kate
    [This Message was Edited on 02/06/2006]
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

he is a little fighter he will fight to be w/his mother

enjoy him as you can......

wish you all home safe and sound...

jdoe
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Of course we'll send up prayers for him...you and hubby.

Don't ever worry about asking us for anything....I know I can speak for others too and anything we could possibly do for you is yours for the asking.

Try to close your eyes for a bit, if you can't sleep at least try to get some rest.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  4. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Congrat's on having your Baby Boy, Landon. I will keep him and you in my Prayers also, along with all of your many, many Friends here.

I know about thoes Hard Delivery's, when the water has broken , to early.
    I was in Hard Labor, at the Hospital for 18hours, my Baby Boy, never dropped.
    They called it a Running,Start Baby, silly, but it meant that he had to work his way down, he was also on his Back, and so he had Feet that curled in.
    They are ok now, btw.
    He was delivered exactly 9 months to the day I got Pregrant.
    Long story on that one, lol, .

He was Beautiful then , and is now a Handsome Man, I have forgotten, every Pain I had, but not the long Hours, lol, for some reason.

I truly Believe that Your Landon will come through this with Flying colors, and I look forward to seeing a Photo, when you or your DH can post one.

I Hope you are getting a lot of Rest, now, cause you are so going to need all your strength when you get home, ;o)

I don't post much, but have followed your Journey to Motherhood, and I am Thrilled you and your DH have a Bouncing Baby Boy. (I think Boys are easier to raise too)
    Hug's
    sharonk
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

This is an exciting time for you and your husband....and stressful. I'll be praying for your little one, that he'll get to go home soon with you. Love, Terri
  6. maggiemae55

maggiemae55 New Member

Congtatulations Kate!!

I'm sorry your labor was so hard. I will encourage you to ask to see the LC and start pumping if you are unable to breastfeed yet. We usually like our moms to begin within the first 6 hrs if possible.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Maggie IBCLC
  7. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Congratulations to you and your hubby!
  8. russiankids3

russiankids3 New Member

of your handsome son, Kate. Please know that my kids and I have been praying for you and we will keep it up!! Sorry to hear your labor was so awful.. so many mothers I know have said that after the birth of their child they forgot all about the labor pain---"YEAH---RIGHT!"

Bless little Landon--they will take good care of him in NICU plus momma will be there to watch over him.

Bless you, Kate.

Sue
  9. Bambi

Bambi New Member

I too will pray for your little miracle! He is in God's hands now as well as the expert care of his doctors and I feel sure he will get through his hard trip getting here.

Hold on tight and as much as they allow it, I know you will be in there touching him and urging him to full health. He knows your voice and I'm sure by now your touch and there is such medicine in those things!

I wish they could set up some way for this kind of baby to be in the room by their moms so they could get the feeling of mom close all the time. But never the less just getting there often will help him so much.

Keep us posted and know we all care and are praying and pulling for all of you!! I pray that soon you will be leaving the hospital as a family and all your worries will be behind you!
    Take care. Love, Bambi
  10. laspis1

laspis1 New Member

Sorry to hear about your labor and your son troubles. He is in good hands. He is also in our prayers. Please have faith. Soon you will be going home with your precious baby. Your life will take a whole new meaning. Hope to here from you soon.
  11. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

Congratulations!

I love the name you picked for him.... Landon.... that's beautiful!

I am sending up prayers for him, you, and hubby. All of you take care, and YOU.... when you're not with Landon, REST!!! I have two kids, and I remember WELL that rest is the most precious and NEEDED thing you can give yourself now! DON'T let yourself get overly tired! Seriously, sleep as often as you possibly can!

Love, Prayers, and Hugs!
    Starr
  12. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

It awesome news to hear Landon has arrived. So sorry to hear it was so hard on both of you. The worst is over for both of you and you get both rest and recover.

I`m praying for Landon and mom and dad. Landon sounds gorgeous and I can`t wait to see pictures of him. Green eyes are unusual at birth. Usually they are a dark blue, another sign he is a special little guy.

Hugs to mom,
    Sandy
  13. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

And know that there are SO many prayers being sent up for you and precious little Landon!! We are all very confident that he will recover quickly to be home with his mom and dad!

You take care and rest in that assurance, dear. Hugs and kisses to your new little one, and congratulations to you and your husband!!! PG
  14. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

It is wonderful to hear that Landon is here and you are OK.I can't wait to see a picture of the little guy. Of course I will pray for his and your full recovery.

Do take care and thanks for letting us know so quickly.

Kathy
  15. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

and especially touch baby Landon. Please touch him and fill his little body with perfect health. May this struggle make him and his parents stronger and bring them closer to you, Lord. And, Father God, when all these difficulties are resolved and Landon is strong and healthy, may you receive the glory, in Jesus name. AMEN.

Kate, bless you, Landon and hubby. I hope you can get some rest while you are in the hospital. Try to put your baby in God's hands, knowing that God loves Landon even more than you do (I know, it's hard to believe, but I have 3 grown sons and I know that God has watched over them always0.

Blessings, Lolalee
  16. gabdeb

gabdeb New Member

Happy Birthday to little Landon. Ive been following your story along with my sister who just had a baby girl two days ago. Babies are wonderful!!
    I will pray for Landon and you and your husband. Im sure all will be fine and you will have so much joy with him. Get some rest and thanks for letting us know so quikly.
    love, deb
  17. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I ws wishing for you to squirt him across the room (in another thread), lickity split. Woulda been nice! But thank goodness, it's behind you now and you have Landon, who just needs a bit of recovery time and you'll be home w/ him drowning in expressed milk and dirty diapers and spit up in no time.

Jeanne
  18. windblade

windblade Active Member

Sending up prayers for little Landon!

Congratulations to you and your husband!!!

Keep stroking and soothing him with your voice, that is his nourishment and healing.

I thought it was so beautiful how you expressed your love for him, saying you never knew such a love existed.

Many blessings to your precious little one.
    Love, Judy

p.s. It is a privelige to pray for you.
  19. joanng

joanng New Member

Hi Kate, you don't know me but I saw your post asking for prayers so I clicked on. I hope you don't mind....Congratulations on your son's arrival. Labor is hard but you did it and it's over. I will pray for you, your husband and the baby. Take care of yourself too. You're a mom now and you have a full-time job, 24x7! No pressure though, it's all worth it. He's getting the best possible care right now so take advantage of the time to heal and rest so you'll be stronger when you bring him home. God bless.

joanng
  20. MamaR

MamaR New Member

So pleased to see that you are alright and baby Landon is being taken care of!

You will be out of there and home with him soon!!

Hugs.....Mari
    [This Message was Edited on 02/06/2006]