OT - WEB SITE FOR FOSTER HOMES KATRINA PETS !!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pen-hen, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Pen-hen

Pen-hen New Member

ALOT OF INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IF YOU WANT TO HELP. THERE RAISING MONEY FOR A REWARD FOR THE LITTLE DOG TAKEN AWAY FROM THE BOY GETTING ON THE BUS.

ALSO, IF YOU WANT TO FOSTER A PET AS WELL.

ALSO, CHECK THE PART THAT SAYS "ITEMS NEEDED NOW"

WEB SITE: KATRINA FOUNDPETS.COM

ON MSNBC.COM, STORY OF " SAD STORY OF LITTLE BOY AND HIS DOG GRIPS U.S.

I JUST CRYED WHEN I READ THIS !!

THANKS, NORMA
    [This Message was Edited on 09/06/2005]
  2. Pen-hen

Pen-hen New Member

THANKS FAYE....I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS SUPPOSE TO DO THAT. YES...I DO KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. THOUGHT I WOULD POST THIS FOR OTHERS, IN CASE IF THERE INTERESTED. I KNOW THERE ALOT OF ANIMAL LOVERS ON HERE, AND I'M FOR ONE OF THEM !!!

NORMA
  3. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Dear Faye:

I honestly did not know what the OT was for. I guess I am guilty of not putting OT in some of the posts that I have written about Katrina and Pet Lovers. So sorry.

Thank you for telling Norma as it helped me too.

God Bless,
    Francey
  4. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Dear Mikie:

That is great news about Snowball. He looked so sad and dejected on TV that it broke my heart. I am so glad that they are going to reunite him with his little bow owner. Another nice outcome.

Hugs,
    Francey
  5. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

From what I have heard, they are wanting foster homes near the area so that it will be easier to reunite the pets with their owners. If you are out of the area, the best way to help would probably be to send money to the humane society in one of the states traversed by Katrina.
  6. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

I have the email adddress and phone number of a group that is trying to get these displaced pets to foster or forever homes. They will transport the dog or cat to YOU.

They are also asking for donations of food and blankets, etc.

If interested, please email me and i will give you the contact information.I don't want to post it on the board.
  7. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Unfortunately, there are scammer out trying to profit from the tragedy of others. Be sure you know a person/organization, before giving them money or goods. Even well-meaning, but inexperienced people may at best waste your money or at worst get some animals, then not have the ability to properly provide for them. In times of disaster, I think long-established, highly experienced organizations do the best job.

The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals web site [www.aspca.org/site/PageServer] has information about the animal rescue effort, donating and volunteering. The Humane Society of the United States web site [www.hsus.org/] has similar information. The Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association [www.lvma.org/] is overseeing animal rescue in Louisiana. I don't know who is taking care of it in the other states hit by Katrina.

For general hurricane relief efforts, FEMA is now sending viewers to the USA Freedom Corp web site [www.usafreedomcorps.gov/].
  8. cozykitten

cozykitten New Member

Bump.... these sweet babies need us too. Yes, be sure that the organization is really helping the animals.
    Kay