ot well no offers on our house, ot I am really down

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Nov 6, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

we had several come threw and we thought there would be a good offer but not yet.
    another came in last night we are still waiting to hear from their realator.

This is really getting me worn out.Having to leave my home is so hard for me.To spend hours away so people can look .Then several come back but still no offers.

I'm depressed and have blurry vision today.I'm haveing trouble walking and so much pain in my hips and legs.

I am ready to tell them I can not leave my home because of this DD.I feel like I have had a long trip and I'm exhausted.

Plus I have to go out again tonight to vote.If I have to craw ,I will vote. I'm seriousely thinking Im getting absent T ballots for now on and mail it in.
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I know how frustrating it can be, waiting for a house to sell.

Even though this is not the season for quick sales, what some others have said is true. I'll never forget the house I really wanted to buy, but didn't because it was too expensive.

When we walked in, the wood stove was going, and the place was warm and cozy. The smell of apple pie was in the air, and the lights were soft. I actually got to the point of almost signing, and then I took another look at the cute cottage I actually bought. I love my little cottage, but still think about that other house, which, as it turned out, was not meant for me. I found out later that people keep on crashing into it, because it's on a corner, and the kids in the neighborhood are rather reckless drivers! LOL!!!

The point being, that people will fall in love with your place, if it is warm and cheery, and if their senses are affected by pleasant smells. (I would suggest something recently baked, not a candle, as many are sensitive).

As for having to leave, that is a real pain, I know. Is there a little coffe shop or a bookstore with a coffee shop where you can go with a good book and just relax? Being in a pleasant peaceful place, might make it easier.

Good luck,
    Terry
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

We have a very nice home and always get wonderful commits about it .I love to decorate .I wish I could invite ya's over for tea. lol

I have put punkin pie candles on ,I'll try your trick ouch .
    Our realator helped us "stage"things .I'm sure it will sell ,we just are wanting it to be soon so My hubby doesn't loose the job in Ohio.

It's a high priced home but we have droped the price by 30 thousand hopeing to get it sold fast. We can not drop the price any lower.

These new realators are getting a lot more in to see it then the last company.They are getting ready to put out a ton of advertising on it .I'm just very impatient and want to get it over with, before the winter really sets in.

Since I am having trouble leaving it I might set the picture with my fireplace on and baked goods in the oven .I'll set in a nice place and be reading a book with music on low. Hey a Norman Rockwell painting in the making lol.

Thank you all for helping and I will try what you say.Keep us in your prayers please.
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

I know how frustrating it is when you really want to move! We were highly motivated, but have become less so as some things in our life have changed anyway.

When we first put it on the market, we would leave, sort of... we have 4 dogs and nowhere to put them up, so I'd take them to the back of our land sit back there with them.

But now, because my MIL now lives with us (she has bad dementia) we don't go, plus 2 of our dogs fight anyway so we have to keep them separate. We just sit in a corner, smile, and actually have been able to answer some questions people have had that the realtors had no idea about. So don't know it's a negative in itself.

I do think it's important if at all possible to be in an out of the way place so the prospective buyers feel free to walk around and really look without feeling like they're snooping.

We are in a slower market (at least for the SE), and have a different type of property to sell than the 'norm' ..... so actually we are re-thinking things and thinking of just waiting it out ... my town was just named by Kiplinger magazine as the #1 college town for retirement, so I'm guessing 5 years or less down the road, things are going to be picking up.

good luck!

all the best,
    Victoria