OT...what a wonderful dream

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gymmbabe, Aug 27, 2006.

1. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

I took a nap today and had the most wonderful dream. A little history--my father died last year from difficulties with cancer. I didn't make it home in time to say good-bye.

In my dream, I was laying in bed talking to my dad. Asking him to forgive me for not making it home and to take the pain of not being able to say good-bye to him away.

The next thing I knew, I could smell his cologne and feel his rough hands rub my cheek. He said everything is ok. He put his arms around me...I started crying.

When I woke up, my face was covered in tears. I feel that my dad sent me this message. My sister called me at 4:00 pm and said that Hospice wanted the family there immediately. He was in Michigan and I am in Kentucky. My sister called me 45 minutes later to tell me he was gone.

I wanted so bad to be there, to hold his hand, to tell him I love him...but, now I know that he understands why I couldn't be there and that I will always love him.

Thanks for letting me share my dream.

Dawn
  2. morninstar

morninstar New Member

Dawn

Do you feel that this was your father saying its ok. I really do believe it was, I have had such experiences with my mom and other deceased family members. It is a good feeling to me to know they are up there looking down on us. Hope you feel better about not being there, sometimes we are just meant to be somewhere else for whatever reason.

You can now have peace....

Star
  3. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

What a very comforting dream....love is a bond that lasts forever...and has no limit on time or distance...your father was with you in your dream....very much so.
    Cindy
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Thank you for sharing such an intimately beautiful ex-

prience with us! I'm glad that it, a last, rendered you

the peace your lifetime of affection and devotion deserves

MRDAD
  5. tlayne

tlayne Member

That you posted this! Just this morning before I woke up I had a dream with my long ago passed on grandfather in it, and it has been on my mind all day long.

This was such a vivid dream (I can never remember my dreams). I was standing some place and I was thinking, 'where do I go'. I felt a presence behind me, and I turned around and my grandfather was there with his hand held out. He didn't say anything to me, but I knew I was to go with him. I woke up right away, and just layed in bed thinking about this dream. In all my life I have never seen my grandfather healthy, but in this dream he was healthy/whole and at peace. Isn't that crazy!

My Dad also died from cancer (pancreatic). My dad came to me in a dream and spoke to me saying not to cry for him anymore. It is kinda a long story, and I have already wrote about it on the worship board under the post "Do you believe in near death experiences" or something to that effect.

These two dreams are only but a handful of dreams that I can ever remember.

I really do believe that God allows our loved ones to come back to comfort us! I think that this is such a blessing! I am happy that God allowed your dad to come to you! Hugs, Tam
  6. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

Thanks to all of you. I do believe it was my dad telling me that he is OK and that he understands why I couldn't be there.

I am at peace with his death and knowing for sure that he is not suffering anymore makes life easier.

I know that I have angels watching over me. I should warn the other angels about my dad's crazy sense of humor...LOL

Off to work,

Dawn
  7. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I was thinking about if he knew Jesus or not. A few years before he died he told me he did, but I didn't know if he told me that to make me feel better or what.

Anyway, I was sitting there, crying, wondering where he was and suddenly I looked up and he was standing there. He was wearing a white robe and there was a golden "glow" around him. He smiled at me like, "Hey, Mom, I'm OK!" A feeling of pure peace come over me, and I still feel that way three years later.

I know that it was God giving me comfort. It was not a dream...I was awake!

The three year anniversary of his death is next month. He was 26 when he died, after an epileptic seizure.

God Bless.
  8. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

Unicorn -

I'm sorry about your loss...but I am so glad that you found peace. That's the way I feel about my dad now.

The Lord works in mysterious ways-sometimes we don't notice him...then, bamm..he sends a direct message.

Here's hoping we all find the peace that we need.

Dawn
  9. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

I belive with all my heart that our passed loved ones do come to us in our dreams and other ways...Some may call me strange...probably a lot of folks..but I do believe it..

How wonderful for you...

Thanks for sharing with us
    Tami