OT What are your plans for July 4th?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by libra55, Jul 2, 2006.

1. libra55

libra55 New Member

Last night we packed up some chairs and blankets, bug spray, snacks and a cooler and went to the fireworks. Just me and my two daughters. Ladies night out. We have a nice spot we go to that's not too crowded, up on a hill. There were a couple other families there, no rowdies. Very nice time, just us girls.

Tomorrow we go to a cookout at a friend's house. We do it every year.

Anyone else?

Michelle

[This Message was Edited on 07/03/2006]
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

SLEEP!!

I am in such a flare from moving furniture over the weekend (helping hubby, though he kept telling me to stop and go sit down. LOL) that I am in a HUGE flare right now. I'm near enough to the park that I can hear the fireworks...and the cats don't seem to mind much...and I have the best seat in the house...in front of the TV! That will be my Fourth of July celebration.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

God Bless.
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

For our young service people to be released from their life of HELL in Iraq.

LIGHT*************carole
  4. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

So far my 4th has been spent on this message board, planting some sweet peas in memory of my neighbors son, the first casualty of this war (his unit nicknamed him Sweet Pea)and watching the F-18's do their flyover right over my house...Though a fantastic sight and an honor that they would do this I couldn't help but wonder how much $$$$ in fuel this cost the taxpayers...Yikes! Our small town of Winslow Maine has the biggest doggone parade here every 4th, this year they needed $40,000 to pull it off...

We no longer go because of the 'politics' of it, but it's pretty spectacular and ends with a fireworks display (of course)...We live up the road and on the largest hill in the area so you hear the mortars go off before you see the showers, that's when my boys (labs) are under my feet doing their shaking bit...My youngest is gone now (chocolate lab) and this is our 2nd fourth without him but we tend to reminisce how he would go into the bathtub and eat soap and try to get under the sinks to 'ground' himself...He also had epilepsy so this wasn't a good time for him...

So in answer to your question~we will be staying home, thinking of our boy and holding the other two and remembering our armed forces and what this day REALLY means, being thankful for our so-called Independence...

BLESS OUR TROOPS!!!

Hope you have a wonderful time with your family Michelle,

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hope you're having a good 4th of July so far. I plan to

put on my longjohns and ski jacket and go down to the

Embarcadero. Every year they put on a beautiful colored

FOG show over S.F. Bay!! Me and Mark Twain love the sum-

mers here!!
    Have a good day,
    MRDAD

6. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

God Bless you for putting this day in perspective. I too will pray for our troops, both in Iraq and Afganistan, and any where else they may be.

Also, please don't forget our POW/MIAs. They are not forgotten and we want them home!

America: Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave!

God Bless.
  7. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Yes, too many of us "forget" the true meanings of many holidays. But this one is a "HUGE" one. I guess being a veteran, I have those memories close to me.

Time for our American families to have all of their kids home to celebrate on "our" soil, and get out of others.

LIGHT*************carole

[ advertisement ]