OT: What book clubs and magazines do you receive?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrohugslife, Sep 17, 2006.

1. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Okaaay well I seem to have gotten a subscription bug here as well I am home and I do school and read books BUT I feel like I am beyond bored when I am home all day and I rarely watch TV.

Well someone on here posted about a magazine called Alternative Health and I said hmmm that sounds like what I am looking for.

Now betweeen Ebay and Amazon, and one of those special offer links from somewhere, I now have several magazines coming to me but I got them for good prices as I always do.

So now for magazines I have:

Fibromyalgia Aware (will need to renew soon)

Fibromyalgia Alternative Network (FAN News)

Arthritis Today (can't decide on whether to renew-not enough about fibro in there)

People (because I am nosey and a dreamer)

Entertainment Weekly (a special bundle price with People, won't renew, I think)

Paper Crafts magazine (somehow I got a really great deal in renewing, buy 1 year, get the other year free)

Scrapbook Answers (letting that expire, not scrapping much)

Vibe magazine (music magazine)

Cosmopolitan (curiousity and fashion)

Reader's Digest

Alternative Health

Spiritled Woman

Women's Health

Movieline (I'm a movie fanatic)

Natural Health

Spiritual & Health

Managed to subscribe to getting DVDs regularly and a book club.

I am like sheesh I did so much damage in a 24 hour period and I was bedridden most of that time LOL.

Many of these subscriptions were bundled for a low price, or the sellers on Ebay (the ones with really really good feedback), offered free subscriptions to a few magazines if you buy one, etc.

I am so ashamed BUT I do know that I will read them and use them LOL.

I was looking for a magazine that is dedicated to book reviews but I could not find one.

Do you think I have enough to read? LOL
  2. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

There is never enough to read for me though I am more a novel fanatic then a magazine reader.

Then there is always the internet. You can spend endless hours reading whatever topic comes to mind.

Last night it was looking at sites about training your dog as an assistance dog.... You know pull your wheelchair, pick up dropped socks... etc.

Now I think I am dreaming here but I have two beautiful dogs who are wonderful company but trained??? not really. I think I am the one who is trained. LOL

Happy Reading Fibrohugslife

Hugs Marion (Redwillow(
  3. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Ilovepink I will definitely check out that book club after I find out more information about the other book club I joined. I know I accidentally joined Columbia House DVD collection, and well I do collect DVD movies to watch. Another friend of mine who is disabled is in a DVD club.

However I will check out more on amazon about the 1 cent books and tell my mom about it as she reads a lot too.

I just try to keep busy with my outside reading and I am finding that my writing is definitely getting better. I need to get a grammar and sentence reference book too.

4. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I have 4 subscriptions to magazines.

People
    Cosmopolitan
    Glamour
    Marie Claire

Stephanie