OT: What cracks you up instantly?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bozey, Apr 13, 2006.

1. bozey

bozey New Member

When watching a TV show if someone gets slapped on the back of the head, I just die laughing. I don't know why but it cracks me up everytime. I guess it is the expression on their face.LOL

Also I watch the show Family Matters and when Steve Erkel faints, I laugh every time. He just looks so limber. It is comical.

So how 'bout you? What cracks you up?

bozey
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Sorry, guess it comes from growing up with three guys.
  3. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Well I am with you, physical comedy gets me so bad. AND it doesn't really have to be comedy either. When people get hurt in real life (of course not life threatening) I completely crack up! My husband is worried that when our son gets old enough to start getting around and hurting humself, which he will babies just do that, he is afraid I will give the poor boy a complex! LOL

It got really bad throughout my pregnancy too! EVERYTHING made me laugh.

EXAMPLE:
    My husband and I went to Sedona, Arizona last fall and we were at an overlook taking pictures. Well my husband told me to go sit on this rock and he would set the timer on the camera to get a picture of the two of us together.

Well, there I was sitting on the rock watching my husband set the camera up on a concrete picnic table when he said "ready" and started running towards me.

He didn't get very far! He rammed his knee cap into the bench of the table so hard that there was a long BONG sound in the air.

Of course he hit the ground immediately because he was in so much pain. But what did I do? I actually had to hide my face because I was laughing SO hard I was CRYING!!!!

The picture took and it is of me holding me belly crying and laughing at the same time!!!

Oh goodness I am cracking up now just remembering it! LOL

Well, I have been typing one handed this whole time, I am feeding my son and my arm is getting tired. I have a lot of fuuny stories so maybe I can share later!

Good post!

kate
  4. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

But I laugh everytime he comes on with his little accent. I start laughing right when I hear his voice! AMY
  5. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Kate's post about her husband ramming his knee and hearing the bong sound made me crack up...

sorry Kate...
  6. findmind

findmind New Member

I always crack up when my DP and I have casual conversations!!! We both have CFS and FM and let me tell you, it gets hilarious around here!

She says, The nabors were outside while I was at the house for sale with the bike and dogs.

I say, Were they looking at the house for sale?

She: What?

Me: Why were you at the house for sale?

She: I was just stopped, watching the nabors. I didn't want the dogs to scare them.

Me: What nabors?

She: the ones whose dog bit me!

Me: Were they coming out of the house for sale at 10 p.m.?

She: What?

At this point, I fall on the floor laughing and crying at same time!

findmind
  7. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

The new Knorr commercial advertising their new "F'n Dinners"

All through the commercial it bleeps out the word and all you hear is "our F'n dinners".

Over and over again, "F'n this" and "F'n that"

At the end of the commercial they simply say "Frozen, doesn't have to be a bad word."

I've seen it a million times now, and no matter how hard I try - I can't keep myself from laughing when it comes on.
    Even the other night when I was arguing with my boyfriend I broke out in laughter when I heard the commercial in the background.

~Amanda
  8. kjfms

kjfms Member

...where the red and yellow M&M are on the red carpet. One ask the other where is your entourage and the yellow M&M(I think) dumps out the little M&Ms on the carpet...and they run off.

Then they are talking about how you can never have too much collagen and the yellow M&M has these...huge lips and says "Red, I can't feel my lips"....gosh that one just kills me I get the giggles every time I see it....LOL :)

Thanks for the funny thread,

Karen
  9. UPK5

UPK5 New Member

I love the wonderfully funny things that come out of young children's mouths. As Art Linkletter once said, "Kids Say the Darndest Things!" They sure do.

Here are some things children have said, that come to the top of my head:

On picture day, a popular 4 year old girl said to one of the boys in our class, You look SO HANDSOME... (the boy and other classmates sat patiently to hear the rest) You look HANDSOME enough to be a... HUSBAND! He was smiling ear to ear. It was precious.

When my own son was in preschool (4 y.o) he made me a BIG plaster of paris pin for Mother's Day. I wore my gift and it was so huge, it shifted my shirt over. He looked at me, and innocently said, MOM, I can see your breast holder! He didn't know the term bra strap!

Another 4 year old in my class volunteered personal family information one day. She told me, my MOM does everything around the house. I curiously asked what her dad did. She said, my dad just sits around the house and drinks beer! The truth is, her dad was a dedicated fire fighter, volunteered with her mom at school events, was in the army reserve... and both parents were always willing to work hard and help out.

One 4 year old girl found out when picture day was going to be scheduled and came up to me and said, I am very sorry to disappoint you, but I won't be able to be here for picture day, because I am going to Disney World! Disney World, or class pictures, hmmm, what a tough decision!

On Thanksviving, one of the 4 year old vegetarian boys in my class filled in this sentence, I am thankful for...., with I am thankful for TURKEY! I knew personally he had never eaten turkey! He laughed after he said it too!

Working with children, keeps me smiling! These are just a few examples of the precious statements I have heard over the years.
  10. angelheart

angelheart New Member

Here is one for you Fibrotart.....I was in a local department store recently in a fitting room and there was a senior aged woman in a fitting room close by me. She was being helped by a nice sales lady.....she even walked out into the store in just her regular pants and BRA! Then as the sales lady was going to get her a different size.....she let one go! I mean loud and very long!! I was giggling so hard. In the mean time other women came into the fitting area and commented on how "stinky" it was! That it smelled fishy! I seriously had tears....from the laughter, not the smell (lucky me I had a stuffed up nose that day!)
  11. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I watch the funny home video show, and still laugh out loud when people fall at weddings, and while they are dancing, etc. Little kids falling is not so funny, but when adults fall it cracks me up.

I have fallen before, and it hurt like the dickens, and I would be laughing and crying all at the same time.

I work with a lady who is a lot more dignified than I am. She intended to sit down on her desk chair, and missed it completely. She had no warning, and just fell flat on her bottom, with her dress coming up. I started laughing, just like I would do if it were me, and it didn't go over very well.

She got up, never said one word, sat on her chair, and never acknowledged it at all, and I know she was mortified!

There are some people that don't laugh easily at themselves.

Kinsie
  12. lolee

lolee New Member

BUT you know that laugh that baby's have, that belly laugh they get at about 8 or 9 months? That can make me pee myself every time!

That and puppies. I can just look at puppies paying and before you know it, I'm like rolling on the floor laughing.

So, babies belly laughing and puppies playing!

OH OH OH OH one more!!!!! my ex losing his job and having to move out of state!! just makes me laugh til I cry, every time!!

Lolee
  13. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Fawlty Towers. Right you are, Kholmes. Everytime John Cleese falls over the garden gnome I start guffawing.

Did you know he and Connie Booth wrote those while they were in the midst of a divorce?
  14. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

I also love the Fawlty Towers! I didn't know they were in the mist of a divorce, you would have never know. Wow - so funny. Manuel was a hoot.
    And what about Ab Fab (Absolutely Fabuous) - some great episodes.
    Mag
  15. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

gas, here is a funny one!

I was about 16 and worked in the Wal Mart shoe department. Well it was spring time and I was straightening the flip flops and water shoes. I was straightening the bottom row and some dust flew up and I had a huge sneeze. Well when my body sneezed I let one out! LOL

I was SOOOO embarrassed!!! There were customers around and they were laughing at me! I ran back into the breakroom and didn't come out for about an hour I was so ambarrassed! LOL

Oh and to who thought it was funny about hubby hurting himself, no big deal, I am laughing! LOL

kate
  16. Jessa34

Jessa34 New Member

so many episodes of South Park - it's not really a politically correct show but maybe that's what makes it funny to me. Maybe because they're kids and what comes out of their mouths is so bad, but I always feel better after I watch it.
    Also, watching kittens play with each other. On Super Bowl Sunday the Animal Planet channel had the Kitty Halftime Show (shown during the Puppy Bowl) and it was just a bunch of adorable furballs running around playing. Partly I laughed because I couldn't believe they had a show like that on but kittens are just so awkward it's funny to watch them.
  17. sisland

sisland New Member

This is a comedy show that comes on the ABC family channel ! Drew Carey heads it up! just wondering if anyone has seen it? it's really funny!..............................................................it's more or less a stand up improve type there are 4 guy's that have to make things up right off the top of their heads ! Lol if you ever get a chance to see it ...........................it's worth it!!..............................comes on at 11:pm mst up my way! sisland
  18. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

My son had bronchitis last winter, and he kept asking me if I had bronchitis, too. I'd tell him I didn't, but he seemed disappointed. Finally, one day he responded, "You don't have bronchitis. You have WRONG-kitis!"

I started cracking up. "Maybe you're right."

Now he introduces me as, "This is my mom. She has WRONG-kitis." He's got it in his that FM is wrong-kitis!

No one understands why I'm cracking up while they're asking, "What?! Are you sick?" after my son's twisted introduction.

It also cracks me up, in a bittersweet way, when my son asks, "Mommy, is your FM all gone yet?"[This Message was Edited on 04/14/2006]
  19. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I cannot help giggling when I see the commercial where the little dark haired boy sneaks into his sissy's room and asks her if she is asleep. Sissy tells him no, so he crawls onto the bed and says "what you think it's gonna be like?" Sissy says "mom says Disneyworld has more fun things to now than EVER!"

Both kids just dissolve into giggles and mom peeks into the room and tells them that it is time for sleep. The little boy just rolls over with this huge smile and says "we're too ex-zited to zleeeep!" This just slays me every single time I see it!

Next,it shows mom in bed lying next to the dad, who looks so tired he's half-comatose. She asks him if he is asleep and without even opening his eyes he says, soooo sleepy sounding "I'm too excited to sleep." I start laughing all over again, because this reminds me of my husband, who can and has been known to sleep through earthquakes!
  20. Slangx

Slangx New Member

Here's one:

When my now 16 yr old daughter was about 3, I took her to the movies for the first time. It was an early matinee so there were about 10 people in the whole theater.

Well, all of a sudden, she rips one. And it was LOUD, and very very loooooong. Long enough that I had time to think, "OMG, stop stop STOP!!"

The other people started snickering. So I, trying to redeem the situation & show some manners, said to her, "Now, what do you say?" (expecting a contrite, well-mannered, 'excuse me')

Instead, she said in her loudest & clearest voice: "MOMMA YOU FARTED!!"

Talk about wanting to disappear on the spot!! (and yes, the place erupted in gales of laughter!)

---------
    Another gas story, this time it was the hubby:
    We have a pact not to do it in front of each other. It's just not that sexy, ya know? ;-)

OK, so, he needs to. So he leaves the bedroom, goes down the hall, thru the family room, around the corner, thru the kitchen, out the back door, and around to the side of the house and rips a huge manly one.

It just so happens, he was right by our bedroom window, which was open. Still laying on the bed, I sweetly purred, "I heard that," and I swear he jumped 5 feet in the air & turned at least 3 shades of pink!! LOL!!!

C.