OT What is in your CD player right now?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ldbgcoleman, Jan 14, 2006.

1. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I just discovered Jamie Cullum. HE is terrific and writes sings plays piano and guitar. It is a little jazzy but not too much and I love the lyrics.

What CD is in your player right now?? Lynn
  2. lolee

lolee New Member

1) Praful
    2) relaxation/spiritual music
    and
    3) The Chieftans
  3. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

I'm an iPod girl. Gave up the CDs a year ago. But my favorite thing to listen to when I'm feeling REALLY sick is Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.

If I'm feeling fiesty and need inspiration to be strong, I LOVE Ani DiFranco. She reminds me that a woman can be as strong as she wants to be. ;)

***GGiggi***- I'm also a huge Coldplay fan and saw them in Sept when they came to DC. I think they would be fantastic in an intimate setting, but I saw them in an ampitheater and it seemed odd. The only other concerts I'd ever been to were a bit more upbeat and danceable. Chris Martin is surprisingly very funny though.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/14/2006]
  4. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I've been playing The Kaiser Chiefs' new album: Unemployment.
    Shelbo :)
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

to British radio on the computer all day and night(I live in USA but am British) haven't touched th4e CD player since Christmas when we played Christmas songs for a gathering. If I was playing it, it would be Gilbert and Sullivan that would also drive people nuts, or classical or the Beatles, Willy Nelson or Bob Dylan.

We British are so WEIRD!

Love Crom
  6. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Today I have listened to Mandy Smith a folk/bluegrass singer songwiriter.Yesterday I was banging my head to Creed and Default.I am gettting ready to pop in Indie Arie.I just love all kinds of much, well almost.Don't care for polka music.LOL
  7. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Have an IPod now so I listen to Lots and lots of Enya and have been using her music for relaxation, and my Yoga exercises.

Coldplay
    Chemical Romance
    Alicia Keys
    Boney James
    House/Electronica music
    Reggae
    Floetry
    Maxwell
    Kelly Clarkson
    Shania Twain

and the list goes on....

Nicole
  8. MsE

MsE New Member

Gypsy Kings, Ramsey Lewis Trio, and Joanne Shennadoah's "Matriarch." Stuff to help me get moving a bit.
  9. Jessa34

Jessa34 New Member

U2
    R.E.M.
    Rolling Stones
    Sarah McLachlan
    Tori Amos
    James Blunt
  10. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

called Brain Massage by Kelly Howell.
  11. russiankids3

russiankids3 New Member

Irish lads--U2 and also that Irish lass-Enya. My Irish parents gave me the love of the jigs and reels! Love the old Chieftains and the Clancy Brothers as well.
    Sue
  12. LdyM

LdyM New Member

Playing right now is 'Los Lonely Boys' self titled CD.

Love it and never seem to tire of it! **LdyM

13. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

...you only recognise the names of two singers/bands you know as you are still locked into 1965 top twenty! Talk about living in the past! But that's me!

Thanks Wakemeup for listening to Dylan too.

Love Crom
  14. 1, enya
    2,sarah brightman
    3,barbra striesand/barry gibb...guitly too,album.
    4,oasis, coz im a fan of their,s (a old one haha)
  15. Bambi

Bambi New Member

my receiver and the record player part took the trip long ago. I miss it all SO much. I have a little of everything from symphony to Country to Prince and back again. It depends on what mood I'm in as to what I like. If I get upset I liked to start with the Prince album Purple Rain as loud as I could stand it (rattle the windows) and then work my way down to
    something very mellow..my mood followed.

I have some vintage records I love too and just won the old Phil Harris
    78 with a song called "The Persian Cat" a cute half spoken half sung song about a pampered Persian cat that ends up having kittens with a
    scamp alley cat. I want to be able to play that and the others I have like
    Dean Martin, Elvis and so many others. It's on my agenda to get a new music set up but so far it's just
    not on my budget. Darn!
  16. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

She writes c-w songs. Has a voice similar to EmmyLou Harris. In fact, EmmyLou is doing back on one track.
  17. mildred623

mildred623 New Member

Definately Kid Rock.
    My favorite. I actually have tickets to see him in concert in 2 weeks.
  18. dorabella

dorabella New Member

Mozart 'Ascanio in Alba', followed by Handel 'Apollo e Dafne'.

Might end today's concerts with Stuart Burrows singing English and Irish ballads.

Any or all of the above very good for lifting the soul and taking the mind off physical discomfort...

19. damz68

damz68 New Member

I am listening to Seal.

Next is:
    Steely Dan
    Genesis
    Linkin Park
    Stained
    Evenesance

I LOVE MUSIC!!
  20. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member