OT: What is the easiest way to delete old posts?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Jun 12, 2006.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

I have tried looking around for an easier way other than one by one.

This is taking forever. Does anyone know? I may just be dense today but I just can not figure it out.

Any ideas? anyone? Pretty please.....

Thanks,

Karen :)
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

thank you. As I stated in my post I was just hoping for an easier way but thank you anyway.

It looks like there would be a way to delete multiple posts....sigh

Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 06/12/2006]
  3. kjfms

kjfms Member

I so agree with you. I have let my old posts get too piled up.....LOL (understatement)

I did email tech support earlier and haven't heard anything yet. I will let you know if I hear from them.

I think a bulk deletion type of thing is exactly what we need...great idea. Now, if only they would do it...LOL

Oh honora I hope you are feeling better. I posted something to you earlier and accidentally deleted it...how it that for ironic. I deleted something I didn't want to-good grief I give up. Of course now I can't remember what I said

I do hope you are feeling better.

Thanks again,

Karen :)
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I just did this not too long ago, for the first time.

Boy, was that ever a mistake, I had over 1200 posts!!!

I did go through one at a time, but didn't refresh my page of posts (from my profile) until I had deleted 10 or so at a time.

So when I refreshed the page, many disappeared at one time. Or it looked that way. But it was faster than just the regular old way, otherwise you would lose the page you were on each time you deleted.

Did this make sense??

Nancy B.
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

and just my luck...they do have the ability at this time to do multiple deletions...sigh ;)

Sorry Nancy I do not refresh the page and still loose it after each deletion.

Honora glad to hear it.

Thanks,

Karen
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

when you delete old posts, you may be deleting some info that may be helpful to someone else who is doing a "search" to find out as much info as they can on one particular subject.

Just a thought.
  7. kjfms

kjfms Member

delete old posts and threads (ones which are several months old) on the professional sites I belong to and see no problem with doing it here.

Thanks for your input,

Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 06/12/2006]
  8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I deleted some of my old ones regarding my daughter. At the time I did need each and every word posted to me, but I was trying to give some privacy back to her if I could.

I'd probably do the same thing again if I have to....post, then eventually delete if it regards her. (And I'm building up to a post in the future, but need to straighten out a few things in my head first.

Many of mine were also bumps, I do that often if I notice a post with no replies on page 2 or 3. I bump and let others do their magic.

Nancy