OT: What is the price of gasoline in your area?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Apr 21, 2006.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

Here in WV we are at $2.95/gal.

I guess I will be walking soon at these prices. Someone just shoot me now please...I do not think I can handle that.

These prices are ridiculous I am at a loss for words...well for this board...LOL ;)

I am interested in prices from all over please share with me.

Hoping the price comes down for us all,

Karen
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

The summer season is coming soon, the prices will climb some more.

It fluctuates by the day, but today it is 2.79 in Eastern WA.
  3. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

And going higher!

I try to cram all my shopping into one day now.

Did you know that Exxon/Mobile made over $10 billion (that's billion with a "B") in ONE quarter last year!!! And they're still jacking our prices. Shameful!
  4. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

here of Ontario Canada we are at $1.09 a litre
    I am soooo fed up with these prices...maybe we should go back to the horse and buggy stage, we get poorer and the government get richer, I heard that there is no relief for this high gas rate..but that is here in Canada,I did a conversion and it works out to $3.63 a gallon here.
    how sickening.
    Ann

[This Message was Edited on 04/21/2006]
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

that oil has shot up to a NEW high of $75/barrel... so prices will be increasing....... unbelievable!

News also said that in Beverly Hills it is now $4/gal --before this new high was reached...

average elsewhere was around $3/gal.

V

6. kjfms

kjfms Member

...Thanks for sharing. I would love to see those oil execs try to live on a limited budgeted like we do and buy their gasoline...

Sorry I wasn't trying to upset anyone (I am sure we all are anyway) I was just wondering...yea with summer coming it will be worse...sigh

I do wish I had a horse...actually I have thought about looking in to a Moped Scooter. LIL (live in love) has a Harley Davidson (Shovel Head) but it is way too big for me to handle.

Thanks,

Karen
  7. BethM

BethM New Member

at $2.99 a gallon, in Orange County, Southern California. yikes! I have to drive this weekend, so figured I'd better top the tank before the prices go up again by tomorrow.

Someone, somewhere, is making a LOT of money from this. Grrrrr.

Beth.
  8. mrpain

mrpain New Member

An arm and a leg!!!
  9. kjfms

kjfms Member

mrpain...not sure what the going rate is on an arm and leg way too much though....LOL

-ouch-...with gold dropping to just over $600.00/ounce I guess I just buy the gasoline...one way to look at it being cheap...LOL

Thanks,

Karen
  10. forfink

forfink New Member

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx
    Try typing in this address and it will give you the cheapest gas prices at a gas station near your zip code. Hope it works for you!
  11. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

here in country Australia we are paying $1.37 litre and need a car as no bus service not happy
  12. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

I know folks who run their cars in Nebraska on ethanol ! All of the citizens of Brazil use Ethanol in their cars and it works great . I do not blame the
    Saudis as much as the corporate American honchos who make excuses constantly to raise prices as they rake in HUGE profits . I personally believe it is oil company lobbyists
    who have fought to keep us dependent on them and without alternatives . This is so Disgusting .
  13. kjfms

kjfms Member

...to everyone who responded. Just leaves me numb...

Take care all,

Karen
  14. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

We have been at $3.o6 for cheapest for a few days now. My friend drove over last night and said cheapest is now $3.12.

Last Monday we drove to a nearby village and passed three gas stations, ten minutes later driving back all three had upped their prices by 5c. Now, they had not had delivery of new gas, so to me that is price gauging.

We drive a caravan and it cost us $47 for three quarters of a tank.

How are people supposed to get to work as the bus runs 6 am till 7 pm once an hour and costs $120 for a month ticket.

On the other hand people will drive less which will help the environment.

Love Anne C

15. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

16. bct

bct Well-Known Member

$3.30 for regular last thursday.
  17. srh

srh New Member

2.89 I'm going to have to start riding the animals to work.
  18. victoria

victoria New Member

I wish I had

a bike,

the energy to ride it,

AND the roads were safe to ride on...

I heard this morning that 'they' are predicting $5/gal average country-wide this summer, sigh....

V
  19. kjfms

kjfms Member

...for responding everyone...next time I try to think of a brighter topic...cross my heart..

Take care all,

Karen
  20. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Karen:
    $2.85, but the cabs have not gone up yet, so I will not worry for now. And an extra 25 cents per trip will not bother me. So, who needs a car with all of this gas and insurance and maintenance and payments, etc. And it is so much easier.

God bless you who drive.

nyrofan