OT: What is your favorite flower and why

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RockiAZ, Apr 18, 2006.

1. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

(Thought I would change the title to be more fitting)

I know many of us are very sensitive to smells, aromas, etc. but what is your favorite flower(s) or plant and why?

My favorite flower of all time is the Sunflower - it brightens me up! I have some artificial ones around the house, hubby sends me real ones from time to time, plus I collect things that have sunflowers on them. My kitchen is basically a Sunflower garden theme (yellow & green).

The Sunflower to me represents well-being. Call me silly, but this tall, beautiful, natural ray of sunshine just makes me smile and feel "good"!

What is your favorite?

Live, Laugh, Love,
    Rocki
    [This Message was Edited on 04/19/2006]
  2. srh

srh New Member

I am with you Stormy. The old yellow roses my mom used to have growing behind the house.
    Also the honeysuckles down in the canyon. I can remember smelling them before we got there, and then the sweet nectar we sucked on, was euphoric.
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

but it doesn't have any odor to it. I don't actually have any here because they have such a reputation for having mites and bugs, it is hard to find a healthy plant anymore.

I love the scent of rose, but I don't have any growing in my yard either.

My favorite of all time is the hyacinth. I wish I had some of them planted around. I have always loved them.

Actually the only house plant I have is a cactus plant because it doesn't require a lot of water or bother. lol

Great topic, Rocki!

Hugs,
    Faye

4. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

I know, it's HARD to pick just one. I also love plain ol' wildflowers, daisies and such. I'm just a sentimental romantic and flowers always seem to bring up good memories, or at least for some.

Live, Laugh, Love,
    Rocki
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I love the velvetty feel,the greay perfumey smell, the beautiful wavy shape and the pretty cream color against the deep green.I also like the smell of honeysuckle,lilacs and jasmine, but gardenia is my alltime favorite.Linda
  6. mahx

mahx New Member

I am with yyznan on this one. Lilacs definately. They are not around for long, but i love them. Always makes me think of spring, new fresh starts...having a better year than the one before.
  7. kjfms

kjfms Member

...what a great question for spring time!!! :)

I live near Cranberry Glades Botanical Area the largest area of bogs in West Virginia. Bogs are acidic wetlands more commonly found in the northern areas of this country and in Canada. So we feel that ours is something special...LOL

Because of its unique conditions, some unusual plants grow in bogs, including carnivorous or insect-eating plants. One of these look like tiny, tiny Venus Fly Traps it is sooo cool.

The Cranberry Glades consists of four bogs (750 acres) whose plant and animal life is similar to that found in the bogs or "muskegs" of the north.

This life spread southward with the changing climatic conditions that allowed glaciers to creep across the northern part of our continent. Several species ended their migration here, and the Cranberry Glades are now the southern-most point in North America where some of these life forms are found.

I love the plants and flowers that grow in this area you should see them...they are just amazing and they take you breath away.

I try to go several times a year to catch the changes.

I just wish I could have some of these plants for my own...but I most certainly could not afford the fine...LOL

Sorry so long,

Karen

8. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

Just about every kind of flower seems beautiful to me but there are several favorites.

Small budding roses are (IMHO) wonderful.

Carnations make durable cut flowers.

An orchid in a low oriental bowl is absolutely gorgeous - but I'm afraid to try to grow one (I'm not blessed with a green thumb).

Janice
  9. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Daisies: purity of white petals, heart of gold, and a strong, straight stem.

Other than that, whatever flower I happen to be looking at. Daffodils are wonderful though. And graceful saskatoon blossoms, clustered like snow.
  10. no1buddybear

no1buddybear New Member

I just like the vibrant colours!
    Love the smell of lavender too, so calming.
  11. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

i love allsorts of flowers i love the vivid colours & the gorgeous scents flowers have.
    I have 40+ illnesses & im in a very very bad way but thank you lord god for letting me see the beautiful flowers you have created & for letting me smell their gorgeous aromas
    I love carnations they are so colourful & i also adore daffodils as they remind us spring is just around the corner.
    fibrolady37
  12. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

i love allsorts of flowers i love the vivid colours & the gorgeous scents flowers have.
    I have 40+ illnesses & im in a very very bad way but thank you lord god for letting me see the beautiful flowers you have created & for letting me smell their gorgeous aromas
    I love carnations they are so colourful & i also adore daffodils as they remind us spring is just around the corner.
    fibrolady37
  13. futurehope

futurehope New Member

Is Yellow Roses.

They bring back some wonderful memories every time I see them.
  14. MamaR

MamaR New Member

...is the gardenia. oops...forget to add why!

I love this flower, because it makes me think of waking up on summer mornings when I was a little girl.
    It was before AC...and our windows stayed open.

Oh....good memories.... the simple life again!

Mari
  15. mildred623

mildred623 New Member

Mine is purple freesia. Because they smell absolutely wonderful.
  16. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I'd have to say my favorite is the Colorado Columbine. Up in a high mountain basin, above timberline, there is nothing more beautiful than this purple, white and gold flower.
    Kholmes
  17. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I love the lilacs in the spring, the cluster of lovely lavender, and the fragrance smell.
  18. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I love all flowers. Daffodils hold a special place in my heart though. I guess it's because my Dad grew them all the time. I also love moss roses...again 'cause Dad grew them. But of course he grew all kinds of flowers which is why I love all kinds of flowers. I grew up with them. (BTW...I have van Gogh's Irises in my bathroom. The whole bathroom is irises.)
  19. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

and delphiniums
  20. sisland

sisland New Member

I love them all!! hard to pick just one! I planted some wild daises one year from those wild flower seed packets in the garden and they come back every year which always amazies me!! sydney

[ advertisement ]