OT What is your favorite "saying or Quote"?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sisland, Jun 29, 2006.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Hear i am with another OT subject! Feeling like crud today! so thought i'd try to cheer myself up with some of your favorite sayings and or Quotes!!

I guess my all time favorite is "The Best Things in life are Free"! Since i have to watch my budget very closely this is appropriate!! Lollol!! Also another one i like is
    " When you hit rock bottom the only way you can go is up!"............................sisland thanks
  2. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

Over 30 years ago, I saw the following quote on a label attached to (of all things) a tea bag, and figured it would be a good thing for me to remember throughout life:

"There is no substitute for brains... but silence sometimes helps".
  3. jake123

jake123 New Member

The best things in life aren't things at all.

What comes around goes around? Did I get that right. Anyway, it comes right back atcha!! So do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
  4. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

My fave right now (which is what I am using for my email signature)...."I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."~Mark Twain

Oh, and another one I realy love....."What you think you want may make you cry, while what you need might pass you by." Unknown

This is one I made up....."One person's harmless joke is another's pain and humiliation." Me
    [This Message was Edited on 06/29/2006]
  5. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  6. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all....

Sue in Ontario
  7. kholmes

kholmes New Member

My personal favorite at the moment is

"Buck up! Do your damndest and fight;
    It's the plugging away that will win you the day."

--Robert Service
  8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Here's one we had to memorize in high school.

"with malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan.

To do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace, among ourselves, and with all nations."

9. sisland

sisland New Member

I am very impressed ! they are all very philisophocial
    Kholmes: your favorite is very true to what we have to do every day!.......also, I couldn't help but think of maybe hearing John Wayne say that to some of his "cowboys"!

The flower blooming in the face of adversity is another way to describe us all!!

I've always liked the one from John F Kennedy "Ask not what your Country can do for you but what you can do for your Country " Thanks everyone you have brightened my day!!
    [This Message was Edited on 07/15/2006]
  10. Empower

Empower New Member

Dr Phil

We cannot always make the right decision, but we can make the decision right.

On the lighter side:::
    My dad worked at a steel mill for many many years. Any time he would tell us an "interesting tidbit" we'd say, "dad, who told you that?" and he would reply "the guys at the mill"

So now, it is a standing joke with my husband and I. I will tell him something that I heard, or learned or some theory, and he will say "who told you that?" and I reply "the guys at the mill!"
  11. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

This one has gotten mne through some challenges. Not sure where I heard it. it works for me.

One step at a time just keep moving.

Best funny quote right now.

Butter my butt and call me a bisquit

12. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

This one has gotten mne through some challenges. Not sure where I heard it. it works for me.

One step at a time just keep moving.

Best funny quote right now.

Butter my butt and call me a bisquit

13. pamj

pamj New Member

and I always think of it and laugh:

if at first you don't succeed...
    don't try skydiving

I also love: dance like no one is watching

and a more insulting one: build a bridge...and get over it!

Honora, I love yours!! I like to think of that one pretty often as a positive affirmation.

Pam :)
  14. kriket

kriket New Member

He who gets laughed at gets the last laugh. I think all of us with this dd can realate to this one.

Kriket
  15. sisland

sisland New Member

these are just as fun!! thanks! My middle girl would always say the build a bridge and get over it too!
  16. wangotango

wangotango New Member

"shallow brooks make the most noise" people who scream and shout to make a point or in an agument are very emotionally shallow. bm kcmo
  17. kat2002

kat2002 New Member

"What fresh hell is this?"

I think we can all relate to that one, lol.
    Kat
  18. tomcollins

tomcollins New Member

There is always something to do. There are hungry people to feed, naked people to clothe, sick people to comfort and make well. And while I don't expect you to save the world I do think it's not asking too much for you to love those with whom you sleep, share the happiness of those whom you call friend, engage those among you who are visionary and remove from your live those who offer you depression, despair and disrespect.
  19. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Power of intent:

"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
  20. victoria

victoria New Member

"Don't Let Reality Spoil Your Dreams"

I never knew when I first read it just how useful that quote would become...

And:

"Your hostility does not permeate my groovitude. I shall hencetoforward ignore you."

"How ironic. You eat vegetarian and speak baloney"

I read these last 2 in Get Fuzzy comic strip, and am trying to remember it to use on my kids or DH as needed to lighten a moment or two, hehehe

Victoria