OT: What is your favourite song at the moment?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by moonlightkitty, Sep 26, 2005.

1. moonlightkitty

moonlightkitty New Member

New or old...

Right now I have Tracey Ullman's 'They Don't Know' on repeat.

But in an hour I *may* have a different favourite.

I think music taste tells you a lot about people, so I'm curious about replies to this. Think it will give me a good snapshot of the diversity of all the members here.

:)Christine :)
  2. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

is "Welcome to wherever you are" it is on the new Bon jovi CD called Have a Nice Day, the words and music are awesome!!
  3. moonlightkitty

... that's by Chumbawumba, and yep it is a drinking song but, hey, that's what songs are for - interpretation and getting your own meaning from!
    I like thematic lyrics too - escapism helps, as do inspirational songs. My choices for inspiration are a bit oddball too, not sappy motivational songs. I often get Twisted Sister's 'We're Not Gonna Take It' in my head when I'm in battle mode with this DD.
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I Am A Bird by Antony and the Johnsons.

What a voice, what songs.

Beautiful!

Rosie
  5. fuzzy14

fuzzy14 New Member

IS AMAZING GRACE BY ELVIS ------------ FUZZY
  6. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

I'm not one for listening to the latest music these days. However, there is a song on the movie 'Something's Got to Give' that I just love, love, love. It's called 'Sunday Morning' by Maron 5.

:)

Kim

7. moonlightkitty

Question: Do you tend to pick your favourites because of applicable or relatable lyrics? Or is a good tune enough?

Is the Maroon 5 song a cover of the Velvet Underground song?

Does anyone use audioscrobbler/last.fm? You use it on your computer's media player, and it counts what you listen to and displays them on a nice webpage. According to that, my most-played song is France Gall's 'Cet-Air La' (v. cute 60s French pop), which I've played 43 times!

8. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

When I'm driving along and Gretchen Wilson starts singing "All Jacked Up" I am dancing in my seat!and singing along! Lynn
  9. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

by Tim McGraw. I NEVER listen to country music, but this song has been popping up everywhere.

When I'm in my car, I'm apt to either listen to Simon & Garfunkel, or music from "Les Mis". I love that show.
  10. rbecca47

rbecca47 New Member

my two girls were singing Boom Boom ani't great to be crazy, so i would say that one is my favorite today, because it will stuck in my head all day
  11. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

I too, like myrosiedog got caught up in Rockstar INXS and like the song:

~Pretty Vegas~

But I have many Favorites...and I enjoy a varity of music from Country, Gospel, Classic rock, Bluegrass, Pop, and Oldies...

12. SoxFan

SoxFan New Member

It's by Melissa Ethridge, and it's about her battle with breast cancer. Powerful stuff!

One of my favorite newer songs is by Jet, entitled "Are you gonna be my girl?". Love to crank it in the car and sing at the top of my lungs. Very high energy song. (Would be a great kareoke song.)

Anything off Green Day's "American Idiot" is cool.

Along with alternative rock, I really love jazz - the classic stuff. Coltrane, Billie Holiday, Miles Davis.

(Oh - and I also love "Sunday Morning" by Maroon 5 - the whole CD is really good.)
  13. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

"there's gotta be something more"

And I like Tim Mcgraw's "Do you want fries with that " it's so fun.
  14. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

Hi Christine,

I don't know if 'Sunday Morning' was a cover song for Velvet Underground. I do know that it's on Maron 5's current CD, 'Songs About Jane'.

Like I said, I don't listen to a lot of newer music, although I do like some of the artists and songs listed on here. I like Melissa Etheridge, Simon and Garfunkel. I also like to listen to Stevie Nicks, Kenny Loggins (1992 - now), Indigo Girls, Willie Nelson, Barbra Streisand and Garth Brooks (not necessarily in that order...lol).

I'm a retro girl. I like 70s and 80s. I adore the voice of Stephen Bishop.

Kim
  15. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

It's a tape
    Colours of light...a journey of the heart by Karunesh.
    (Higher Octave music) It is about two Zen monks on their journey crossing a river. No words music only.
    Nice thread thank you
    Dee50
  16. SoxFan

SoxFan New Member

...good tunes about Zen monks! (Oh, I'm just messin' with ya!)

Good relaxation (I guess it would be considered "New Age")music is nice, like the stuff they play during a massage. I like going to sleep to that kind of thing.
  17. jennypee

jennypee New Member

Music has been my universe for the last couple days-- I want to do so many things that my body won't allow! So I've just been listening.

I've been playing The Flaming Lips "Do You Realize" over and over, and lots of Beck as well. Oh and Modest Mouse's "Float On".

I love all kinds of music. Someone has inspired me to dig out my Willie Nelson cd--- who doesn't love a good dose of Willie?

Thanks for the topic!
  18. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Howie Day "Collide".

Daniel Powter "Bad Day"

Gavin Degraw "Chariot"
  19. TheAurynn

TheAurynn New Member

So interesting to hear about everyone's musical tastes... My fav right now is probably Tori Amos "Sleeps With Butterflies". I just love all of her songs. Moonlightkitty, I also think about fibro when I hear "We're not gonna take it"! That is so funny. A couple of years ago Destiny's Child had "Survivor" out and it also made me think of fibro.

I'm also loving Gwen Stefani, The Black Eyed Peas, and some old stuff from the 80's right now. Music is so powerful.

Take care all and keep groovin' to your favorite music!!!

Jessica
  20. Juloo

Juloo Member

I woke up this morning w/ 'Kung Foo Fighting' in my head.

AND I CAN'T GET IT OUT!!!!!