(OT) - What was the first concert you ever saw?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by emttoni, Oct 14, 2006.

1. emttoni

emttoni New Member

Since Dan (Mindmender) and I have been talking about music it got me to thinking about all the concerts Ive been to. And I was wondering for all who have gone to concerts who was the very first band you saw in concert.

Mine was Pat Benatar, Quiet Riot and Scorpions at Compton Terrace in Phoenix AZ in about 1981 or 82 right about the start of the hair band days - loved those hair bands! Hmm, come to think of it I still like a few of them! (Now that I think more about it I guess my very first concert was the Osmonds at The Ohio State Fair in 1975ish. It was my birthday present.) But that concert at Compton was the start of my concert days and FM was the end if them.

I also kept all my ticket stubs too. GOt them packed away somewhere. And have wore all my t-shirts out - wore them till they literally fell apart.

[This Message was Edited on 10/14/2006]
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I'll bet the Osmonds were fun to see in 1975.

My first rock concert was Rush, in 1980, at the Met Center in Bloomington, Minnesota, on their Moving Pictures tour.

In short order, I also saw Phil Collins, The Who, The Clash, Asia, and Spyro Gyra.

3. Callum

Callum New Member

March, 1984, at Detroit's Grand Circus for my 19th birthday. I think Real Life opened for them. It was so exciting - Dave Stewart pulled four of us onto the stage do dance with him during one number. Annie Lennox was just amazing - still is, in my opinion.

Last concert was Streisand at the Palace of Auburn Hills in 1994. Gosh, has it been 12 years since I've been to a concert? I need to get out more...

Callum
  4. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

First concert I went to was when I was 15. The And Justice for All tour with Metallica and Queensryche. It was the coolest thing ever at the time.
    I did also learn very quickly that short little blondes have no place on the floor of a rock concert. Well that is unless you ENJOY being fondled and can't see a thing.
  5. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

my friends mom was friends with Frankie Vallie... OMG, I was like 5 or 6. Toooo funny (we went back stage to visit with him too - whoooo hoooooo)

My first "real" one, when I was 15 or so, was Billy Idol:)
    Then Paula Abdul and that was it.

Hugs
  6. alonebutnotlonely

alonebutnotlonely New Member

emttoni,

Fist concert I went to in 1968 was Chicago with two relatively new bands. Joe Cocker and Santana. I had heard of them on the alternative radio station in Atlanta (on AM radio) and didn't realize how good they both were until I saw them in concert.

Next concert was Pink Floyd at the Atlanta Auditorium. Unbelievable!

Dee

BTW after Joe Cocker and Santana I very seldom listened to Chicago again.
  7. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Foghat and Blue Oyster Cult...that was a long time ago! Brings back happy memories! I remember a giant blowup jukebox and a GIANT GODZILLA MONSTER that had lights in it's eye's that shone around the whole arena. So cool!

Kellyann
  8. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I saw Gary Puckett and the Union Gap at the Hollywood bowl.I also saw him in Ventura 6 years ago and he sang better than ever,linda
  9. gnanny

gnanny New Member

Sonny and Cher.....I was just a kid teehee
  10. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

My first concert was held on a farm in NY and the year was 1969. Whoa baby, did we get our ears full at WoodStock!It was exciting as possible but somehow that kinda set me up to never be quite as satisfied with other rock+roll concerts.After that I got into bluegrass and country.
  11. emttoni

emttoni New Member

This is so much fun!!

I think the absolute best concert I ever saw was in 1990 I believe. IT was Alice Cooper at teh AZ state fair. It only cost me $5 to get in but if you brought two cans of food you got $2 off admission. He played for 3 hours straight! Never stopped, no opening act. I was amazed!

I also won tickets to see Great White and Aerosmith in LA when I lived there, and the concert was so good the next morning I bought tickets for that nights show and saw them again!

Ahhh, the good old days!
  12. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi emttoni,

Good topic!

First of all, gnanny, being a musician all of my life, until now, I have ALWAYS adored Sonny and Cher and still like Cher; I envy you on this one. How nice!

Also, it's strange that being a musician, I've only been to 2 concerts in my life and that was Loretta Lynn, when I was very young, and Bob Segar; can't rememember when. I suppose I was out playing myself most of the time.

BlueSky555

13. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

(Jim Dandy to the Rescue!) with Foghat and Ronnie Montrose back in 1975. Next one was a month later...KISS with Styx and Mott the Hoople. Awesome! I think I had a blast. Hard to tell since we were all so much "under the influence"! LOL

All you had to do was walk into the arena. Didn't even have to bring your own stuff, although we always did. What fun was a concert unless you was smokin'?? LOL

I envy the one who went to Woodstock, but I was only 10 at the time.

God Bless.
  14. llama

llama New Member

Hi emttoni and all,

My first concert was Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. Also saw Pat Benatar, Bob Seger and several AC/DC concerts (couldn't get enough of that Highway to He!!, The Girl's Got Rhythm and Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!)

Oh yeah, also saw John Mellencamp when his middle name was still "Cougar."

I'll confess I always loved Disco and still do....Loved to dance!.....thanks for reminding me of some good times.
    .......Jill............
  15. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

The first concert I saw was Apocalyptica, a cello playing band from Finland. I had waited 5 years for a concert over here in the States, so you could guess how excited I was!

I managed to get on the front row and it was so amazing. My poor hoodie that I bought at the store has become my best friend but is ultimately being worn out. There's no way for me to get another one :-
    I still get all screamy and excited whenever I think about it!

Oops. I didn't say what year it was. It was last year :p

Probably my first and last concert, unless they come around again. [This Message was Edited on 10/14/2006]
  16. bct

bct Well-Known Member

Jim Morrison and his band, about '67, San Francisco. Still haven't recovered.....

Regards to all,
    Barry

17. Suzan

Suzan New Member

It was SOOOO cool! To see someone LIVE, singing songs I knew...I just loved it!
  18. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

1963. They had just got famous and were on at a seaside place called Bournemouth in UK.

I had seen them before and even danced with one of them prior to them being famous when they were the Cavemen I think was the name.

Love Anne
  19. musicfreak

musicfreak New Member

I can't remember which came first but it was either the BeeGees or Heart in beautiful Vancouver British Columbia. I seem to think it was the BeeGees. I was about 11 or 12 in 1980 or 81.

I haven't stopped rocking since. I go to concerts all the time. I've just about seen everyone. Having CFS/FM music is the one thing that has kept me going through the years. When the music starts I forget about my illness and have a good time! Going to 2 shows in the next couple weeks to see a couple of well known Canadian bands.....5440 (from Vancouver)and the Tragically Hip! Both are at the fabulous Commodore Ballroom which is known to be the best venue in North America!
    If you are able to get out do it! It really keeps my spirits up!
  20. mymichelina

mymichelina New Member

My first I think was Lynard skynard with Fleetwood Mac as headliner. The best I ever saw was Led Zepplin's last concert. Spent the night parked outside the arena with a bunch of friends...took a watermelon in carved out and filled with rum. Sat on the grass...watched a naked guy streaking through the crowds....and I was about 16 or 17. What a different life I had before...before....before...today. This was fun thanks!!!!