OT...Whatever Happened to PUMP-STYLE toothpaste!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sleepyinlalaland, Sep 29, 2005.

1. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

OKAY, this is totally off-topic, but this has been really bugging me. Where have I been!

During my "underground" years (awaiting disability decision), I somehow stopped shopping in regular stores and bought almost all toiletries in the good old .99 cent stores.

I thought I'd splurge the other day and walked into a RITE AID expecting to purchase the much more convenient container of toothpaste. You know...the upright cylinder that had a pump-type dispenser. I used to use this and when it first came out I thought...WHY didn't someone think of this sooner! Anyway, they didn't have ANY! I've looked in several REAL stores since then and ... poof!...they don't seem to exist. Were they TOO convenient, maybe not causing enough consumption? Do they still exist and just I can't find them?

Boy, I do feel I've been in a reality-warp. Do tell, if you find them in a store near you! (or, if you remember them).
    THANKS
  2. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

You're right. Seems like I did see some exotic brand that came in a pump. But several years ago I believe that ALL the major brands (Crest, Colgate, etc) came in this form. I don't want a gimmicky combo deal either, but the pump was much more efficient at getting all the goop out and it was neater and......the ever-lasting hastle of getting the CAP BACK ON THE TUBE was elminated!
  3. luvmystang

luvmystang New Member

I still purchase the blue on 1 side, white on the other pump style toothpaste.

It is called Mentadent and I get it at Wal-Mart (Usually on the bottom shelf)

Lisa