OT: What's On Your To Do List? 10/16 - 10/22

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Oct 16, 2006.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I've been home an hour, after spending time at our cottage for a long weekend. I had a great time with my Mom and relaxed.

I cleaned up the cottage today, before leaving. Will unpack my clothes, and call it a day.

Hoping you are all having a good day...

Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 10/16/2006]
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm glad you had a nice, relaxing weekend, Kim.
    Good for you!

I did some cleaning over the weekend so I don't have a lot of housework to do today. Lovely. The only thing I need to do is swiffer my bedroom floor and spot clean the walls. Additionally, I need to make up two-weeks of pill dispensers. Then I'm going to watch the boob-tube until my sweetie gets home from work.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  4. suz45

suz45 New Member

I have to get the last of my documents in for a graduate progam that I have been accepted for, which is to begin in January.

Also if weather is good take down the hummingbird feeder,pack it up for winter.

check out new yoga program at health club now that my back is feeling better.

keep up with my girls homework and new school transition. The new school "honeymoon" appears to be over.

Have a nice week everyone.

Suz45
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

bbbbbbb....
  6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I called in sick to work yesterday-the first time I've done that this semester. I've had some rough days that I managed to get through, but yesterday I really needed to rest. I started feeling this latest flare on Friday and was layed up most of the weekend. I slept several hours yesterday and that really helped. I am doing better today-I woke up with a lot less pain than yesterday, just more tired than usual.

It's raining today so my husband isn't working. He's running a couple of errands for me this morning. After work, I will try to get to my pool therapy class. I know that the warm water will really feel good.

I don't have much else planned for today. I will try to make chicken pot pie for dinner. I have a recipe that's really easy.

Take care, everyone.

Ellen

7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Today, I plan on picking up around the house. Wash my hair and dust.

It feels like Monday, after my long weekend!

Willow, good luck with school! You have a lot on your plate!

Ellen, take care of yourself. There are so many germs 'in the air'...

Take care!

Kim
  8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm feeling rough today. My back is out and I'm having hot flashes one after the other. I was on hormone replacement therapy for six years and have recently stopped using the HRT to lessen the risk of breast cancer. OMG it's awful.

I need to shower and get dressed so I can go out for a short time shopping with my friend. First stop is the pharmacy, to see if I can find some OTC supplements related to menopause relief. Then we'll probably wander through the mall, window shopping more than anything else.

No matter how rough I feel, I try to get out on Tuesday evenings with my best friend. She really cheers me and the weekly outings go a long way to prevent cabin fever.

Before I shower, I need to put the laundry away and tidy up a bit.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Well yesterday was a wash for me. I woke up at 4:00 am because hubby had stolen all of my covers. Hands were swollen pretty bad too.

But I managed to get some vacuuming done, a little sewing then I had to just stop and go to bed.

Today is hubby's birthday and I didn't manage to get him a card or a gift. I found a cute card in my stack of those I've forgotten to send so at least he got one.

Today I'm going to hopefully just sew and have a 'fun' day for myself.

But, I need to mow the lawn, clean up the front area and get the falling leaves up because those are what we really slip on when the snow comes.

Oh yikes....I think I should start sewing now before I start doing the hard work...I need a good rest today.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  10. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Everyone:

I felt a little queasy this morning when I first got up. The morphine I take affects me this way sometimes. I am feeling better now, just tired.

Not sure how much I will get done this afternoon. My husband did some laundry this morning. I just need to fold and put it away. Finish vacuuming from yesterday if I have the energy. Make chop suey for dinner.

Right now just laying on the couch and watching TV sounds good. It's pretty quiet here today at work. I really feel like I could fall asleep. The lady who cleans the building where I work just came into the office. I asked her to make some noise to wake me up! She said she was feeling tired today, too.

Take care, everyone. Talk to you tomorrow.

Ellen
  11. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello friends,

I feel a bit better today, determined to keep my head above water...

sweep bedroom floor

dust desk and dresser

make grocery list

shop for food (my sweetie has the day off work so he'll be along to help, thank heavens!)

get eyebrows waxed (there's a little place by the grocery store that does this for $7.00, a good deal given the mess I make when I try to do it myself:)

Take care,
    Anne Theresa
  12. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

My work day is half over. I got a flu shot this morning at our campus health center. It's nice that they offer flu shots for the employees and we get a discount, too. Even so, the shots are more expensive this year-$25.00. Thank goodness tomorrow is payday!

I am really looking forward to my pool therapy class this afternoon. That warm water is going to feel so good. I've become friends with some of the people in my class. One lady also has FMS and we are close in age.

I don't have a lot planned for when I get home. I am still feeling extra tired from my flare earlier this week. Maybe finish the dusting I never got to yesterday. Leftovers for dinner. Hand wash my orange sweatshirt.

Take care, everyone.

Ellen
  13. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I am hoping to clean the house, a little more, and wipe off all my mirrors. They aren't dirty, but I can see kitty nose prints!

Other than that, I want to rest. I am not shaking this cold I've had for 3 weeks now. It's tiring.

Rainy and gloomy...I've got my sun lamp going...

Take care!

Kim
  14. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Well, I didn't do anything on yesterday's to-do list because I realized (at the last minute) that I had a doctor's appointment. By the time I went to the doctor's office & the pharmacy, I came home too tired to do anything but sit. I hate that one (small) outing like this can take a day's energy but that's the reality and something I'm trying to accept.

So I'll take a boo at yesterday's list and see how much I can accomplish today. Also, I need to pay some bills, on-line.

The weather is cold and rainy here too.
    I feel chilled to the bone.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  15. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I have a busy afternoon planned. My usual Friday grocery shopping (my most hated chore!). I should see my brother soon. Not sure if I will have the energy to do it this afternoon. He can really drain my energy fast. If I don't see him today, I will call him sometime over the weekend and maybe visit him on Monday and take him out for ice cream. As far as I know, he is still on his medication. I hope he is doing better mentally-it takes a few weeks for the med to work. It's an anti-anxiety med to calm him down and help him sleep.

I am in the middle of washing sheets and towels. Need to finish that when I get home. I ended up making macaroni and cheese last night so tonight is leftover night.

As for the weekend, my husband is working tomorrow. I need to do some odds and ends at home. Take down some of the screens (we have ones that are small and light so I handle them). Put away some things on the porch. Cut down more flowers in my gardens. Clean the interior of my car. Watch either a Lifetime movie or gardening shows.

Not sure what we will do on Sunday. I guess just have a nice quiet day together. Have a good weekend, everyone.

Ellen

16. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I feel relatively good today for the first time in a long time. I need to be careful not to over-do (as is my want) so I can prolong this good day as long as possible. So, I'll continue to pace myself with frequent rests and not take on too much.

1) shower & shampoo
    2) clean glass & mirrors
    3) clean fish bowl
    4) water plants
    5) make grocery list
    6) go shopping (either today or tomorrow) I was supposed to do this a few days ago but, like many things, it got shelved due to my not feeling well enough to go out.
    7) enjoy the weekend

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

17. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello friends, I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and feeling as well as possible.

Today's main agenda item is to do the grocery shopping. Also, I need to clean the fish bowl (poor little fishie, I've been procrastinating something terrible on this).

I also need to mop the bathroom floor but I'll likely leave this until tomorrow.

I'd love to go to the show tonight but I'm not sure I'll have enough energy left after shopping. Usually a grocery shop does me in for the rest of the day. We'll see - maybe I can get a little nap after shopping, then feel well enough to go out.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  18. ksp56

ksp56 Member

DH and I have been at our lake cottage sinc Friday. We decided not to leave till Monday. Horrid cold and wind today, but still enjoy just 'getting away' from the real world!

Didn't do much today. Will clean here before leaving for home. I actually like cleaning the cottage, probably due to it being smaller than our home! LOL

Things I am planning for this coming week:

Laundry and cleaning the house.

Lunch with friend on Wednesday.

Possible over night trip to Indianapolis with DH.

We'll see! LOL

I am glad you are feeling better Anne Theresa! Pace yourself!

To everyone else, it sounds like you have all been very busy! I hope it was a good weekend for you all.

Kim