OT: What's the beautiful moment in your day?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I wanted to share this with you. The Beauty Moment of the day is right about now, 4:30am. The world is sleeping. My brother has yet to pull out of the driveway to go to work. And the morning birds are singing.

All night long I spent the hours typing here, and to refresh my eyes, I looked at the window. Nothing but black. Now there are the faint outlines of rooftops showing up. All the little seed-eating birds are chirping. The sun hasn't risen its zenith yet. It's a quiet and reflective time, this space between day and night - and you know it's building to something.

Heading towards 5am, the sky changes into a deep cobalt blue. This is the only time you'll ever see a sky that color. Then to pink, then gold. Then I can stand out in the cool air on the balcony and see the neighbor's seedlings pushing up green in his flower bed by the driveway. This is the time that I feel best of all. I feel like the tallest person when I see a sunrise. (I measure my happiness by my height.) Our pink roses are blooming, though I can't go out and touch them. And I like to think that everyone is still asleep and living in their dreams.

What's your daily vacation spot?
    (((tc&tlc)) Shannon
  2. intensemom

intensemom New Member

reading with my daughter and tucking her into bed for the night! Favorite part of the day!

Tracy
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Maybe I can borrow yours.
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

The early morn is my favorite part of the day. Everyone (but me) is asleep, the sky takes on a pink hue, and everything starts to wake up. But the air outside is so soft- I love the morning air this time of year.
  5. libra55

libra55 New Member

is being in my garden with all the vegetables and flowers I have grown, and listening to all the birds. We also have rabbits, which so far have left my vegetables alone thank goodness.

I have time for reflection as I work out there or sometimes just putter or sit. It's nice.

Michelle
  6. Treca

Treca New Member

are when I tuck my little guy in and he says I love you mommy. It just grabs my heart like nothing else can.

2nd moment in my day is when he wakes up from his nap and we cuddle together in the glider. He is so nice and warm and smells like heaven.

*sigh* Isn't it wonderful being a mommy...:)

Treca

7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Shannon I just read your Bio after reading so many of your other post here.
    My friend, you are already a writer. I feel real emotion in so much you write .Keep it up ,I'd love to have you sign a book for me someday.

My Beauty Moment of the day is in the Evening .When everyone safe in bed .The Dogs curled up in the corner ,ones head across the other. They even appear to have smiles on their faces ,maybe its the contentment in their souls.
    The quite in the house is music to my ears. I finely can hear my own thoughts. If I set silently I can feel the beginning ,of the end of another long painful day unwinding around me.
    Silence for me in the quite of an evening ,can sooth my soul and even put a grin on my face when no ones around.
    I've found
    My Beauty Moment is not always something I've seen ,but I find it in what I feel. My own contentment in life at the end of another Day. A blessing sent on the whisper of my GOD.

[This Message was Edited on 07/05/2006]
  8. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

Todays favorite was when I was drying my hair (painfully) getting ready for work, my 5 yr old slid down the stairs on her but, hugging her pillow and said "morming mama" with that sleepy eyed, bed head, sweet little voice.

These are moments to treasure.

Z
  9. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

The most beautiful moment of my day is 6:30 am...when my hubby opens the bedroom door to bring me my am meds....my pup jumps up on the bed and kisses my face all over!
    (please see pic of pup in profile)
    He amazes us each day and we all fall in love with him again...fur babies RULE!!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 07/05/2006]
  10. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I'm with Spacee; when I'm asleep, I often dream that I'm completely healthy, still climbing or biking.

Other than that, no particular time that stands out, but usually, at least once a day, I get into the "flow" of something--maybe doing spiritual reading in the morning, playing my guitar, or watching a sunset, and I feel a surprising sense of well-being. For a while, I don't think about my illness at all. It is a delightful forgetfullness that comes at least once a day.

Kholmes