OT WHAT'S UP WITH THE WEATHER???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Sitting here with yet anther huge storm and torrential rains in Upstate NY that already is still recovering from flooding - was hot and humid. Californians dying from the heat? What is going on here?

How is the weather you neck of the woods?

Love Anne Cromwell
  2. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

We are experiencing the same weather as NY here in Maine...In fact, many days have been more humid (and higher dew points) than Long Island...

These thunderstorms are coming from your way and then hitting us...Thanks alot for sending them...tehe

My Godfather lives in Elmont and we are constantly on the phone comparing the weather...

Maine never used to be like this, summers were beautiful, seasonably warm during the day and ALWAYS cool at night...Since I moved back up here in 1999, every summer has the few straight weeks of this ICK...I can no longer stand the heat mixed with the humidity and I am not a fan of the a/c along with the fans, it kills my joints, so it's the lesser of two evils staying inside...

Hope after this weekends high temps, it gives us a break soon...Stay Safe and comfy...
  3. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

it is hot, humid and a huge storm just passed thru which only has made it worse!

Feels like the tropics.
    Everything is sticky and damp and yuck!!

So tired of it and it is pretty disturbing how the whole country is an oven at this point.

Hate to rush summer but...looking forward to cooler dryer weather in a big way!!
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

in Michigan today. Hotter tomorrow and Sunday.

Whew! There's no way anyone can tell me this heat doesn't make us feel worse.

Marta
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I hear earlier t hat they received 10ins. or rain

this morning in Cleveland!! (??) The heat has finally

broken here in CAL. especially by the Ocean.

MRDAD
  6. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Temp. 96F Humidity 45% at 5:45 EST in Central NC

Just saw an AP wire report that 132 deaths reported in CA. due to heat... mostly the elderly.

The AC unit in my room (bonus room) had to be replaced yesterday. The unit broke last Friday. It was unbelievable up there. There are two sky light and is upstairs. I moved back down to the central part of the house. There is much more noise which makes me a little crazy because of sensory overload but the heat was unbelievable.

I am heat intolerant now. I am thankful that we are blessed with AC and that my husband and I agree to keep it very cool for me.

I don't know how people without AC's are handling this. I am keeping my dogs inside until very late at night and only let them out at their request. They are miserable too.
  7. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

It's been in the 90's for several days, possibly broke a hundred one day, but cools off considerably at night. I open everything up at night, keep a fan going, then close the windows in the morning and close the blinds. I am fortunate to live in a well-insulated home with an unfinished basement that stays cool, so there is somewhere to go if it gets too warm in the main living areas.

Too warm for me! I'll be glad when it cools down some.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/28/2006]
  8. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

It's supposed to be winter here in Queensland, Australia.

But I went out for lunch today in light slacks and a short sleeve top and sandals. This is supposed to be the coldest part of our year but it is 25 C today.

What will it be like come February - when it does get really hot?