OT Whats your Recipes for a one Pot meal if we are to tired to co

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Aug 1, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

What is the easyiest one pot meal Recipe you have.Or crock pot meals so we can save our energy for something else?

Easy Easy Recipes like plain BBQ chicken on the grill.

Chicken and a bottle of BBQ sauce cook slow or put it in a crock pot and leave it for several hours. Buy some potatoe salid and a can of baked beans. fresh fruit and thats as hard as it gets . Better then KFC. and cheaper
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

1 box mac noodles cooked and drained
    celery
    brockley
    cauliflower
    1 can of dark kidney beans
    1 cucumber
    1 can of water chesnuts
    salad dressing (miracle whip)start with 1/2 cup
    cumin spice to taste
    1 tablespoon of sugar
    1/4 cup of vinegar
    chop it all up

mix it all together and put in fridge overnight
  3. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I simply put a dry package of onion soup, and a can of beef broth, a boneless beef roast of your choice, and a spattering of pepper, and a tiny bit of minced garlic, which can be had at the grocery in glass jars, in the crock pot in the morning and wala.

If you like, add baby carrots, which come in a package half way through, just add to the thing and let it finish.

The same thing can be done with a chicken, in parts or the whole chicken, and add pearl onions and carrots and chicken broth, the seasoned or plain.

These are delicious and usually result in leftovers.

I just bought a rotisserie convection oven, and I put it out on the back porch and fire her up, as I hate to use the oven in the summer.

For any of these, add a baked potato from the microwave, or even do your corn on the cob in the microwave, and no pots to clean, other than the slow cooker.

For the corn, just leave on the husks, and peal them off when the corn is done. I wrap each piece on clear wrap, and then peel it back. One can then rinse them, pat them dry and no heat in the kitchen and no pot to wash.
  4. bluestanglady

bluestanglady New Member

Fruit Cobbler: My mother used to make this all the time. Very easy!

1 cup milk
    1 cup sugar
    1 cup self-rising flour
    1 stick butter or marg.
    1 can fruit pie filling (or fresh fruit)

Melt butter in a square 8 x 8 (or something similar) glass cooking dish.
    Mix together milk, sugar and flour.
    Pour mixture into the cooking dish that has the melted butter in it.
    Spoon in fruit. Don't mix it up.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes.

Great served warm!!

ENJOY!!

B~~~

5. charlenef

charlenef New Member

1 or 2 boxes of chicken rice a roni cook with onions when you add the water add a bag of frozen veggies your choice cook with directions on the box when it is all done add some chedder cheese (optional ham chicken thats already cooked.) you can also on a cooler day put a bag of frozen raviolli a jar of sauce a little bit of water i like eggplant but you can put other things or meatballs top it of with mozz cheese a charlene
    [This Message was Edited on 08/01/2006]
  6. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Some of my favourite dishes are slow roasted in the oven. I do a lamb shoulder with celery, carrot, onion and tomato chunks. Brown the lamb first and then cover and roast at 300 for 3-4 hours. You can add potatoes the last 1 1/2 hours if you wish but it's much better with mashed.

The good old pan seared pork chops put on top of sliced root veggies of your choice and covered with 1-2 cans of mushroom soup. Cover and bake a couple of hours at 325.
    My husband never gets tired of it.

I also pick up day old rotisserie chicken and make a butter chicken with one of the canned sauces. Great with rice. My mother loves rice so she makes extra and freezes it. Reheats perfectly in the microwave.

I'd better stop....I'm making myself hungry!

Regards,

Eileen

7. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

1 Large Can Cream of Chicken Soup
    1 1/2 Can of Water after soup is poured out
    1 Large can of Chicken (I only use white meat)
    1 Bag of Frozen Mixed Vegetables

Mix it all and bring to a boil.

Add 1 Bag of Frozen Noodles and cook another 18 minutes or so as it says on the label.

Season as you please. I love it with some pepper and Rosemary.

Maia
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

Early AM, put one whole chicken in crock pot and top with a can of Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup (undiluted).

Cook all day on low.

In evening, chicken is done and the soup has made a gravy.

All you have to do now is bake a potato or heat up some veggies.