OT Where in the World was this picture taken?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kholmes, Jul 14, 2006.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Here's a new one for a Friday. As usual, click on my profile to see the picture.

Twinma's husband correctly identified the last one: the set for the 1980 Robert Altman film, POPEYE, shot in Malta, an island in the Mediterranean just south of Sicily.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Kholmes
    [This Message was Edited on 07/14/2006]
  2. reckabek

reckabek New Member

Looks like a kingdom of some sort. Pehaps w/ a king and queen and lords..hehe...i have no clue, but it is purdy!!! beck
  3. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

Beautiful!!! Falkland or Holyrood Palace?
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

There is a clue in another message posted today.

Kholmes
  5. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

6. ckball

ckball New Member

Louisbourg Nova Scotia? Carla
  7. spmary

spmary New Member

Is this Heidleberg, Germany? If it is, I remember walking up from the station with a heavey bag and two young hikers coming up behind,laden with their belongings and gently taking my bags and carrying them for me. Blessed relief!
  8. kholmes

kholmes New Member

but not quite.

Kholmes
  9. ckball

ckball New Member

Pyrenees?
  10. ckball

ckball New Member

It the movie set for King Arthur or maybe...or that Mel Gibson movie,, fibrofog and can't for the life of me think of the name of the movie aaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh,lol I've only seen it at least 4 times. that I can rememeber :)
  11. spacee

spacee Member

England,
    Scotland
    Ireland????

Do you mean we have to read every post that was posted today?

Yikes!!

Linda[This Message was Edited on 07/14/2006]
  12. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Spacee: I would just look through the threads from today, not every single post!

This one is a real place; not a movie set.

Here's a little poem with clues:

When the American is shrouded in yellow
    we all find him a splendid fellow.
    'Twas in a stage without a theatre,
    (How do you like my irrregular meter?)
    Today on this historic day--
    special for one country, you might say--
    He finished his quest at this brave castle
    where you'd find the mortar and the pestle.
    The name of the fortress ends in a tone
    that rhymes with the word, francophone.
    The fortress comes from medieval times,
    and thus end my horrid rhymes.

Kholmes

13. ckball

ckball New Member

Thr fortress.... Ill be back
  14. kjfms

kjfms Member

It is the walled city of Carcassonne, France :)

Thanks,

Karen
  15. ckball

ckball New Member

I coudn't find your exact pic. I enoyed it, I think I have been inpired to travel to france next,

My daughter is getting married Dublin in May, then her and hubby will leave the rest of the wedding party to go where ever, I am planning something with my 16 year old granddaughter to Paris. This will my best chance to ever get there. Thanks for the game-Carla
  16. kjfms

kjfms Member

I hope you have a great time at the wedding and with your daughter in Paris it sounds like heaven you are so lucky I am turning green...

I have always wanted to see Ireland and France but doubt that I will ever get the opportunity.

These games are so much fun and we get to see such interesting things while searching don't we?

I had a blast-I thought for sure I would be too late with my answer.

Thanks for another fun game,

Karen
  17. ckball

ckball New Member

Don't be too green with envy, we already have enough problems,lol

My daughter lives in PA, her finace and her have this love of Ireland and they are getting married in the same chruch as his grest-great-great grandparents got married in.

His family is very into genology.So they may do some research. My granddaughter and are trying to figure out what to do after the wedding and I really think France is it.

Kholmes thanks again for a another lovely Fri night. I really enjoy the game and I learn so much. Only this morning most of my memeories are gone,lol I have been in a fibro fog for a few days. I did bookmark some pages tho in case that happened,hehe.

I am so embarrassed but I for the name of the winner- I know it is initials like kmfs, I am horrible about remembering screen names. I'm glad your enjoyed your trip to France. Carla
  18. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Congratulations, KJFMS!

It is a photo of Carcassone, the famous medieval walled fortress in southern France. The Tour de France riders finished their stage there yesterday. Floyd Landis, an American rider, was in the lead and wore the yellow jersey, as is the custom.

CKBALL: I hope your trip to Paris with your granddaughter works out. That sounds wonderful. I spent the spring of 1986 in Paris, on a study abroad program, studying French language and literature. I lived with a French family for three months. It was one of the most finest times in my life.

Will you be attending your daughter's wedding in Dublin as well?

Kholmes

[This Message was Edited on 07/15/2006]
  19. ckball

ckball New Member

Yes, the plan is to spend a few days in Dublin for the wedding, then my daughter and her husband will go on their honeymoon (still undecided).

Since we are only arriving in Dublin 2 days before the wedding I thought I may as well do my once in a lifetime trip.

I have never travelled abroad so I have a hundred questions.

Like how do you figure Euro money to US money. I have looked briefly at the trains and all the prices are in Euro.

I am thinking about a train from Dublin to London, spend a few days there and then a train to Paris and spend 4-6 days, depending on hotel prices,lol.

Seeing all those beautiful places last night truly inspired me. How fortunate for you to live in Paris as you did.

I will accept any advice for traveling overseas, I am getting excited about this. Thanks for the inspiration-Carla
  20. spacee

spacee Member

Either in the past or future. That is so fab. I will be an armchair traveler and read about your experiences. Sorry, I don't have any advice but wanted to wish you the best of times!

Linda