OT: who here thinks that baby shoes are REALLY cute?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Once or twice in thrift stores I've bought baby shoes just because I couldn't resist them! I think they're some of the cutest things - that and kittens and my brother Dave's curly eyelashes. :)

Anyone here have a special sentement towards baby shoes? Do you have a baby shoe story you would like to share? How about a memory of your own favorite shoes as a child?

Put your best foot forward and keep this footwear thread marching on!
    (((awwwwwwwwwwwww!))) :D Shannon
  2. reckabek

reckabek New Member

I love european baby shoes, but here in the US u bearly see em...Like clarks for instance,...and others...like the cute expensive ones, so cute....and baby tennies...awe....i like more like 6mo.-1yr sizes best, im not into the Infant ones that r cloth....beck
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have seen a really cute Art Print I think its a Norman Rockwell of a little girl with lots of curls in a short little dress and she has on little shoes and holding a kitty.It sticks in my memory those three things baby shoes curls and kitten .LOL funny what we remember at times
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Yes, I just love baby shoes! I'm 77 yrs. old and still

have dozens of pairs of my baby shoes that I could not

stand to depart with!!

Happy Shopping,

IMELDA MARCOS

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Here's a baby-shoes joke I read a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Man at a party is talking to his host & hostess.

So we were at the Johnsons, and they asked if we had met the new neighbors. I said, "Yeah, but they probably won't be asking us back.

"Had a couple drinks; kinda shot my mouth off about those godawful bronzed baby shoes that are so popular these days.

"Soon as I said it, I happened to glance at their mantle, and there was a pair of the stupid things."

Just then he noticed on the end table, next to his ashtray, a pair of gleaming, bronzed baby shoes.
  6. 30feeling80

30feeling80 New Member

is of my mom getting pulled over for speeding. (She'd just bought a red Torino and was testing it's limits.)

I was maybe a year and a half. I know I was not two years old yet.

I can remember the police officer looking in the back seat at me. In my embarassment, I looked down and studdied the small silver bells that hung on the laces nearest my toes. My shoes were white leather and just covered my ankles. But those bells, I'll never forget.

Darlene
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

I love babie shoes also!! when i see them in the stores i long for Grandbabies!.....they'll get here in due time! My girls would always wear them for about (10) minutes when they were little..................................................I was always looking for the other shoe or the socks! lollol the cool thing was if i put them on for picture taking (plus dressy dresses) they would leave them on until the photo was done ! and then off they would come!

once we were driving and one of the girls threw a shoe out the car window!! yeah!! had to turn around and get it! I miss my little gal's hard to believe they are all grown up!..............................Hugs Sydney
  8. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

You all are the treat of my night! I love the stories you shared.

My favorite shoes as a child were my flimsy pink gumboots. I wore them instead of winter boots. All the tread wore off the bottom until they were just slick pink rubber underneath. That's when they really became fun!

I used to go sledding in my pink gumboots - without the sled. I'd shimmy up the hill, digging my boots in sideways for grip, and look for a firmly-packed sledding run. Then I'd crouch down in my boots and steady myself on either side using my hands. And that was how I'd go sledding. Never found a way I liked better. You get great control with the hand steering system, and you can use your legs to get more air time in at the jump.

My pink gumboots were so smooth on the bottom that if there was even a hint of snow on the sidewalk going to school, I could take a running start and slide on them for ten feet. :)

Hope hear more of your shoe stories! :D
    P.S. My dad's bronzed leather baby shoes still grace his bedroom at grandma's house.
    ((happy feet!)) Shannon