OT Who is your Favorite Music Artist??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sisland, Jul 17, 2006.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm a Country Hick so it's Trace Adkins #1! #2 is Montgomery~~ Gentry! #3 is Big&Rich! also being a child of the 60's 70's all older rock bands like Creedence Clearwater Revival~~~~~~~~~~The Bee Gees~~~~The Who~~~~Chicago~~~~ the list goes on and on!
  2. TAM

TAM New Member

HI,

MY Favorite music is all the songs by
    Evanescence.

TAKE CARE!!
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi
    there are so many favorites, just can't name them all! I try to keep most of the posts light due to the fact that it helps us to think about other things than our illnesses !.....................................................Madonna is a icon and has a very unique singing voice! another favorite voice is Wynona Judd.
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

being a musician, had many favorites and played many types of music; depending on places the group performed.

I used to play keyboards (piano/organ/etc.)and sing, lead and backup, also play guitar, drums. Of course, don't do this anymore and very sad about it.

Anyway, played country, top 40, beach music in group. As for my favorite artist, I think Reba McEntire would be my favorite singer; she has so much control over her voice.

Again, I have many more.

BlueSky555
  5. brisklea

brisklea New Member

I LOVE Stevie Nicks!!!!!!!! I could listen to her all day. I like all types of music though swing big band country. It depends on my mood completely!
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

Wow Andreas has a powerful voice!! Have you heard the New guy Josh Grobin?? he's on his way also! Oh my goodness!!

Love all these artists! John Denver! Neil Diamond ! Stevie nicks!!! Led Zeppelin (Stairway to Heaven!) Coldplay too the Guy that play's the piano ! John Mayer! Wow can that guy play a guitar!! Reba is marvelous!!

Heart (crazy on You) ZZtop! Bruce Springsteen! Cat Stevens! Melissa Ethridge! Sarah Evens ! could go on all day!
    [This Message was Edited on 07/17/2006]
  7. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I've been listening to her since I was 14. I saw her in concert about 12 years ago.

I also really like the Moody Blues--we have seen them in concert 3 times.

I'm sure there are more, but thats all of I can think of for right now.
  8. PianoGirl

PianoGirl New Member

But have been fascinated with Bon Jovi for over 20 years, went to see them in concert in the mid-80's when they were just getting started then went this past December, MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

Also, love to listen to Nickelback. They have the potential of being a "stay around band", at least in my book :)

I listen to music all the time, it's always on in my house, the first thing to come on in my car, as long as there is music playing, i am in a comfort zone.

9. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I don't have a particular favorite,I like quite a few.
  10. kellyann

kellyann New Member

John Fogerty, Stevie Ray Vaghn, The Rolling Stones, T-Rex,
    Steve Miller Band, ACDC, New fav:Keith Urban :)
    Mostly like good strong electric guitar, just call me a rockin granny, hehe!

Have a great day!
    Kellyann
  11. suz9601

suz9601 Member

GEORGE STRAIT....George is my man. Love, Love, Love him.
  12. sisland

sisland New Member

There's so Many Talented artist out there!! Thankyou all for contributing to this!
    Wake~~~~Yea! for Tina Turner! Did you see the movie of her life?
    I have to agree that Music (pianogirl) does indeed put me in a comfort zone ! it's almost a different world of sorts!
    Love Carole King~~~~Janis Joplin~~ Remember Her? Kelly It's great to be a Rockin Granny!! lol the kids love that!
    Suz~~~ My cousin Diane Love's George Straight too! He has a fantasticly Smooth Voice! And his songs are so Fun to listen to! Haylecole~~~ Oh my gosh Elvis will always be the king!! and Peter Paul and Mary! Love them also!!
  13. tandy

tandy New Member

my soon to be 10 yr old son!!
    He's awsome!!
    the next pop star!! lol

He started writing his own Lyrics at 8 yrs old.
    He's recorded about 11 songs.
    One song he wrote is all about the Twin towers,and tradgedys,terrorism,fears.
    He's like a 20 yr old in a kids body!!
  14. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Metallimom...I knew your name had something to do with Metallica. Didnt think to read your bio though?! Fibrofog!!!
    Love Metallica BTW! Used to be my fav until St. Anger came out. Im one of those ones that thinks they were better when they were in the earlier stages. But loved S & M with the symphony!!

Well I seem to be with a different generation of music possibly or just a different taste. I do love Aerosmith. They are legends! But one of my favorite bands is called In Flames. My boyfriend got me listening to them. They are huge in Sweden. They are heavy rock/metal. Not sure. One of the few I like live.
  15. sisland

sisland New Member

Metallica was my first Rock (casset) wow i'm gettin old! and my girls loved Bon-Jovi! i really like them too! Ac/Dc was one of our favorite to sing along to!!.............................#1 song was "Thunderrrr"

16. jake123

jake123 New Member

We like Robert Earl Keen, Brian Burns, Gary P. Nunn, Cross Canadian Ragweed. Gosh I could about 10 more but Robert Earl is it.
  17. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

If you are from TX, you MUST know Radney Foster!

He's my ALL TIME fav! I got to see him in CA twice in the last month and I'm planning to see him in the DC area twice in September when I'm visiting my mom.

He's written songs for Keith Urban (Raining on Sunday), The Dixie Chicks (Godspeed) and Sara Evans (A Real Fine Place), but he sings them MUCH better than the artists who record them. Check out purespunk.com for his website!

..and, he's as nice as he is talented! I spent at least 15 minutes talking to him after each show.. :)

- julie (is free!)

No one feels
    the pain you feel

All I know is
    love can heal
    what nothin'
    else can heal.. - Radney Foster