OT. Who Suggested Breakdown Lane book???BOOK CLUB.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Hey I could not get the Fanny Flagg book, so got the Jacqueling Mitchard Breakdown Lane book instead.

It was great. How much I could ID with her suffering and the MS sounded so much like FM/CFS too. Makes me wonder what our brain lesions actually are after redaing. I hope this book gets selected next month. It really makes a lot of statements in that book that most people here will ID with and I feel evryone here club or not would enjoy this book.

I went to buy the Flagg book today and it was too much I bought another Mitchard, 12 times blessed. Hope it is as good.

Thanks for sharing.

Anne C

2. jjdg

jjdg New Member

Hi,
    u wrote back to me on the plaque in brain,now you mention brain lesions,please tell me more,like i had said they gave me a diag. of(besides 4 more different things)MS,i was so scared after thgey told me,but because they haven't grown any they said Fibro.
    Janet
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

In answer. Many of us, including me, have brain lesions. Probably most of the population who have not had MRI's could have them too. Often, they are caused by migraines, headaches, tia's, and even banging one's head. Some can clear up. They are usually totally insignificant, but one does wonder if the ones we have reflect the ongoing FM/CFS.

My last scan I had one of the twelve or so lesions, in "an unusual location" and that scared me, but two neuros have dismissed it as nothing bad.

I am wondering if your doctor can give you a copy of the report and you can check and see if indeed it is lesions they are talking about, rather than plaque. Some doctors interchange the words(incorrectly).

I would post to MME Curie direct and se if she can help with the difference between the two as she has a lot of knowledge in this.

I would not worry, it sounds as if whatever you have is not serious-doctors over explain things and use words that are scary, it is part of their own GOD syndrome.

Love Anne Cromwell
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Hi, Anne, I suggested The Breakdown Lane; in fact, I was obsessive about it because I could relate to it so well and thought others here would too. And it's not War and Peace, if you know what I mean.

Thanks. I'm always glad to know someone liked a book I've recommended. Whew!

Marta