OT: Windblade, De, hangininthere, and all

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by morningsonshine, Oct 10, 2006.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Hi,

I posted this little story to De, but the Pengy's deleted our little thread.

So i thought i would retell my silly story about my son, thought you guy might like it. It's not as long as the Rat story! LOL

We seem to have alot of skunks this year. The other day, in fact, one chased my 13 year old! It was really funny!!

He was out grouse hunting with his brother, and father, but he was the only one with a gun.

Well they went around a corner on the trail, and he was out in front, and encountered a skunk.

My husband was saying, shoot it, shoot it.

but the skunk had other ideas! He started running towards my son, who, "the great hunter" shreiked and ran the other way! LOL
    The rest of the "hunters" scattered also!

Ha, Ha, Ha! Can you see this little skunk chasing the gun toting hunter!

Well, i hope the idea, of hunting dosen't offend any, but it's away of life around here (Northern MN). My husbands teaching my children to be very responsible with it, and we only shoot what we will eat.

They manage our land to benefit the wildlife, and even tho they hunt, the deer, and grouse populations here have actually increased.

Not only do i get to watch the horses out my windows, but a deer herd also, the fawns all summer, and now some nice bucks are coming in, some of the nicest we have ever had.

Love and laughs to you,

misty

[This Message was Edited on 10/10/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/10/2006]
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

How cute the story about your son. I can just visualize where you live. It must be so beautiful! I just love your horses that you post pics of! Thanks for sharing all that you do. You are a blessing to so many!

Appreciate you.....Mari
  3. MamaR

MamaR New Member

How have you been doing? I have missed you all so much.

Love....Mari
  4. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I just put a new picture in my profile, it's of my arab gelding, alittle before i gave him up.

I found it on one of my floppy disc. Pictures never did him justice, he was way more beautiful than any picture i ever took.

I'm leaning forward talking to him, and his ears are listening.

Not the best pic. of me neither!
  5. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Popping back for a minute...in between chores. We had to put granules on ant beds!!! They are TERRIBLE in Florida this year.

Yes...Hangin....we take it a day at a time. God said that He wouldn't put more on us than we can bear!

Misty....I love the picture. It shows how good that you are with your horses! They all look so healthy and cared for too.

Thanks for the prayers for my friend Lis! I am going now to pray!!

God bless you all.....Mari
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

That's a funny skunk story, Misty. My dog used to chase skunks and ALWAYS got sprayed. I used to give her baths in tomato juice to remove the scent. But whenever it rained that horrible smell returned, and she was always wanting to be close to me. Hated to do it, but had to banish her until she de-skunked. We were really close - and it was hard for us both.

Another time, my younger brother went out to pick veggies for a salad from our garden, late at night. Instead, when he reached his hand down, he came up with a tiny skunk! Luckily the mother didn't spray at that point! Skunk salad.:)

Lots of love to you all - Mari, Misty and Hangin. Have been missing you all!
  7. windblade

windblade Active Member

How wonderful that you have sound now!!! I know you've been wanting that for a long time now. What videos did you watch? Is it hard to get? Parts of my computer are out of action, and my husband doesn't know how to fix them, so I'm hesitant about trying things - but would like to try videos.

I've been missing you, but I know you have to do what you have to do! That what you're doing is essential. Been praying for you and your son.

Here I am up at 2:30 a.m. doing the dishes. I was up at 8:30 this morning. Lasted until 3:30 p.m., then crashed until now. It's really beyond my energy to keep up with things, but I'M TRYING!

I literally didn't get to see Paul today. He was out grocery shopping while I was sleeping in the evening.

I think what makes it the hardest is how miserable he is. He doesn't have our faith to give us hope and meaning through trials. And expectation to see what God is going to come up with.

I don't know how he's going to take the unrelenting stress.

Happy news though for my friend Diane. She just became a Grandma for the first time - her oldest son and wife had a beautiful baby girl Oct. 1. And now her daughter is having her boy tomorrow or Saturday! Those cousins will be so close in age, it's wonderful. My e-mail is flooded with pictures of the one baby and family, so, so, joyful!!!

LOL - "skunk cabbage" - that was a good one!

Sending blessings to your household - each member of your family.

Love, Judy Windblade :)
  8. kgangel

kgangel New Member

LOL!!! Morningsonshine, I can just imagine the picture of your son running and the skunk after him, that is too funny

Thanks for sharing a light hearted story with us, it is nice to come here and have these nice stories shared with us as well

God Bless

hugs

kgangel